I need to buy thermal image camera

I am again looking at thermal image cameras to look at pc boards when loaded up.

I put lots of power into pc boards. My 30kw 240v converters are on a board. Input diodes, 3 phase IGT modules, capacitors, current sense resistors and so on. Over 100amps in tracks . I would like a camera and software package that I can print color photos with temperature legend. Camera can mount to a tripod and look at unit on bench. I prefer a stationary type of a camera rather than a handheld unit.

In the past these systems seemed to be a little too high priced. I'm hoping prices are reasonable these days. Anybody using a reasonably priced system that I should look at?

regards, Bob

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Check out Irisys. Last time I checked their 256-pixel cameras were about $2k, which isn't bad.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The Fluke TI30 has 20K pixels. It was $10K, then about $6k, now it's $call. Looks like the market is heating up, so to speak.

(FlukeProducts)&category=THG(FlukeProducts

(Strange how lots of URLs these days can't be referenced. So many people don't want to sell things!)

John

(FlukeProducts)&category=THG(FlukeProducts

John, you got me all excited for a IR temperature scanner. I have seen the Fluke above, for less than $9K USD new. Great tool for power stuff. Regards, Harry

Reply to
Harry Dellamano