I'm still happy with my HSA.

It is the *universal* truth.

You confuse "individuals" with "people". You may not be able to tell what any individual will do in a given situation, but it's pretty easy to predict what a group will do. We have a long list of examples to draw from, here.

You do it consistently.

Except that it is a lie. Again, you trust leftists with your life.

No judgment required. It's a simple fact.

Reply to
krw

Hi Keith,

Yes... but this doesn't imply that it's never worth the investment to toss resources to a bunch of people as a group, even if -- on average -- it's going to be a loss: The occasional success can still make it very much worthwhile overall. Think of it as the National Science Foundation... but applied to people: Much of what the NSF funds (with taxpayer dollars) is "basic research," just trying to understand the world around us, without any specific goal in mind or a requirement to make any money on that research... yet most people are more than happy to fund them, because of the spectacular successes that occur once in a very long while.

Of course, the devil is in the details of deciding just how much tax funding entitlements should receive and how to setup the programs to at least try to optimize the results.

Oh, c'mon, how bad can they be when they *constantly* being accussed of being both too liberal *and* too conservative? :-)

Here's an article you'll like:

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

But it is not a loss. It is *DESTRUCTIVE*. The Great Society *destroyed* families.

You sure put a lot of faith in governments when they consistently prove that they're not capable.

Washington Post? Bullshit. They're as left as the NYT. WashTimes is right, WashPost is falling-off-the-Earth left.

I'd rather read about something I didn't already know.

Reply to
krw

That's certainly not a fact; it's a very hotly-debated topic with plenty of arguments on both sides. E.g., LBJ's aides Joseph Califano Jr.: "From 1963 when Lyndon Johnson took office until 1970 as the impact of his Great Society programs were felt, the portion of Americans living below the poverty line dropped from 22.2 percent to 12.6 percent, the most dramatic decline over such a brief period in this century." (Taken from Wikipedia's page on the Great Society.)

The government is just "we the people," and I have plenty of faith in people both individually and as a group.

And of course the government has performed countless good deads over time -- the question is just how big and how powerful we want it to be.

Read any good books lately? I might need some good reading material some time soon...

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Califano's complete response, "What Was Really Great About the Great Society: The Truth Behind the Conservative Myths," is here:

Joel Koltner

Michael Moore just turned, declaring, "Democrats are a bunch of wusses" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Michael Moore is one of those guys who really doesn't like anyone, I'm thinking. Or at least not anyone making any money... :-)

Seen any of his movies though? Some are fairly interesting, even if they are

99.7% propaganda.
Reply to
Joel Koltner

It certainly is *fact*. Driving the father out of the home certainly destroys the family. That is what happened. OTOH, Leftists never like facts.

You're a fool.

Name one. More specifically, name one that wasn't better done by individuals.

No time lately, though Einstein is on the top of the pile.

Reply to
krw

What's the other .3%. It's clearly not fact.

Reply to
krw

*destroyed*

of=20

1963=20

Society=20

line=20

over such=20

Great=20

prove that

people=20

time -- =20

some time=20

May i suggest "The Return of History and the End of Dreams" by Robert = Kagan?

Reply to
JosephKK

Sure, thanks Joseph, I'll check it out.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

The sprocket holes...

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

That's as good of an answer as any.

Reply to
krw

are

The sad thing is that they were the best part of his move, and they all ended up in the trash.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to