I can hear you...

Got my 24-channel equalizer Oticon Hearing Aids this morning.

Man! I had forgotten that paper makes noise, and my shoe soles squeak

:-}

...Jim Thompson

.......that squeak probably isn't your shoe soles.

Reply to
Spuckle

That reminds me of this...

A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, "Doctor I have this problem with gas, but it really doesn't bother me too much. My farts never smell and are always silent. As a matter of fact, I've farted at least 20 times since I've been here in your office. You didn't know I was farting because they don't smell and are silent."

The doctor says, "I see, take these pills and come back to see me next week."

The next week the lady comes back. "Doctor," she says, "I don't know what the hell you gave me, but now my farts...although still silent...stink terribly."

The doctor says,"Good!!! Now that we've cleared up your sinuses, let's get you fitted for a hearing aid."

Reply to
Ralph Barone

LMAO!

Reply to
Tom Biasi

One thing that amused me: I now remember why kids call it "tinkling"

One annoyance: I now hear keyboard clicks :-( ...Jim Thompson

Jim, It took my family years to convince my father (then 80) to get hearing aids. When he did he said that they were the best things ever invented. He could hear what he wanted and NOT hear what he wanted. My son( Now 34) has had hearing aids since he was 3 years old. Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

My father always complained of his... eating in a restaurant drove him nuts... but this was pre-DSP in hearing aids.

We went to RA last night for dinner... a _very_ noisy sushi place, with disco-level music.

I could understand the waitress! ...Jim Thompson

Being new to them it may take a while before you are really comfortable but it sounds like you are happy.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Yup ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I'll be a candidate for them when I get older - but 20 years from now they'll be little implants and nothing more.

Amazing!

Your hearing aid includes a Japanese to American English converter? ;)
Reply to
John Fields

20 years from now they may just scan you and fix it :-)
Reply to
Tom Biasi

Ja. Ist es nicht wunderbar! ...Jim Thompson

Most of our sushi places it would have to be a Mandarin or Korean to English converter. A couple times I've asked for water or whatever in Chinese and the waitress hops right to it. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

There are already implants... Rush now has them, which solved his pain-killer-drug-damaged hearing. But they're presently $30K per ear :-( ...Jim Thompson

An elderly widower had been slowly losing his hearing during the past 15 years. It finally got bad enough that he went to a doctor get some hearing aids. After a month with restored hearing, he returned to the doctor for a checkup.

The doctor asked the man if his children were happy that he could now hear and understand them. The man replied, "Oh, they don't know that I have hearing aids. I just sit around and listen to their conversations. I've changed my will three times now!"

Reply to
RosemontCrest

New found love of the sound of a cork popping?

Martin Riddle

;-) ...Jim Thompson

Is "cochlear implant" what you are referring to? That technology bypasses the inner ear and taps into the auditory nerve.

My Bionic Quest for Bolero, Michael Chorost, Wired 13.11, November 2005

These are my opinions.  I hate spam.
Reply to
Hal Murray

I don't know the details, but Rush's is some electronic device. ...Jim Thompson