Where the F can i get SwCADIII?

*NOT* version four, but version THREE? The baby bird GooGull gives "references" like Yahoo which does not have what was advertised, a PDF reference, Linear's site which has version four and it is not switcher at all, etc ad nauseum bs. I had it but the HD went a bit bad and now it is non-functional.
Reply to
Robert Baer

"Update": I ununstalled SwCAD and re-installed it and then tried to update it..nogo; found that

is

404, so release.log.gz is un-available so NO update now. Snooped around and found
which had release.log.gz but cannot apply it.

HELLp?

Reply to
Robert Baer

I have a file called swcadiii.exe. Would that help?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

that is probaly just the executable, I assume he needs the install

swcadIII is is just and old version of what is now ltspice

the question is why does he want the old version?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

v4.15p on my PC. E-mail Helmut, he'll point you in the right direction. ...Jim Thompson

I can send you a copy on a CDROM, if you send me your mailing address.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think that is the install file. It's in my software download folder.

Anyhow, it's available.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Yes that?s the install, I have it too swcadiii.exe ver 2.19k 11/4/06

6,996mb

Martin Riddle

"Robert Baer" schreef in bericht news:JpOdnZWFbtGKSqbNnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.localnet...

FAIK you just need the executable and the libraries. Don't think SWIII installed that much. Copied the whole bunch to another machine at it runs without any installation.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Why?

Is this what you want...

...Jim Thompson

If you google swcadiii there are tons of free downloads. Some academic, unlikely to be dangerous.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Maybe; i have it also but on installation, it complains it is 1462 days old, and wants to update; it cannot because the path is now 404 as i mentioned in an update post[1]. The exe i have is dated 9/4/2008 - so if you have a recent version, i would greatly appreciate it.

[1] **COPY** "Update": I uninstalled SwCAD and re-installed it and then tried to update it..nogo; found that
is 404, so release.log.gz is un-available so NO update possible now. Snooped around and found
which had release.log.gz but cannot apply it.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The file swcadiii.exe is the installer, complete - it is just old. SWcad4 is more modern but will not work in my (preferred) browser.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, you failed to mention the minimum OS required; bet it will not run in Win2K.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Please verify it is up-to-date as possible but still version 3 which runs in Win2K. I understand that version 4 does not. Thanks; Robert Baer, 201 Carpenter RD SE #C4, Lacey WA 98503.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Correct; i have it as of Aug 2008; cannot update (see my 2nd,update posting).

Reply to
Robert Baer

Mine is dated Aug 2008, ver 2.24z and so is slightly newer; it cannot get updates on the web,as previously mentioned.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The file date on mine is March 2007, 6.84 MB. I don't want to run it and get the version number because it might possibly lunch my present installation.

I can put it up on Dropbox if you want to try it.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Most decidedly *NOT* !!!!!!!!!!!!!! When it loads, it completely resets my computer. That is not too nice..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Believe it or not, I still have one machine with Win2K ;-)

I'll try it. ...Jim Thompson