HV Ladder by Jacob

at are

the same

y hard for

lowly

etter.

PC

=A0Why bother?

Apologies at NOT having proof read the post well enough. I usually catch those stupid errors, but sometimes when in a hurry...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

In the future, I'll make a point to reread more carefully.

Reply to
Robert Macy

ESD

Never heard that term before. Sounds like the EXACT description for the observation describing the arc's ability to, apparently, go through a thick tablet of paper.

Might have helped while desinging all those 20-30kV power supplies and

200kV systems, especially trying to get them to also operate in vacuum [10-7 down to 10-12 torr]
Reply to
Robert Macy

same

for

bother?

Understood. We all make such mistakes but I was pointing out your ambivalence to others with your "disability".

Got that.

Reply to
krw

at are

for the same

y hard for

so lowly

etter.

s by

ad,

PC

so

y bother?

o be

is

ing

valence

a bit OT, waaaay OT: I always thought I was a 'hotshot' at proofreading: For example, in Daytona, FL back in the 60's , as I went to sign the Hertz rental contract for renting one of their cars, I was asked to initial several places. One of the places had printed, "I have read this contact in its entirety." When the misspelling was pointed out to the attendant [contact instead of contract], she registered extreme surprise and said that no one had ever noticed that before and they must have gone through a million of these forms.

So it has been an extremely humbling experience to find out that as I post, I too make stupid errors - even with my own conscientious rereading.

It's not that I don't care about the person reading, but rather I accept the fact that I WILL make mistakes and thus accept others' mistakes, In turn I hope they will have the same attitude and forgive me mine.

Now, my proofreading is more limited to grammatical construction and any syntax errors that would not only discombobulate the primary English speaking population, but would most likely do a real 'mind trip' to any non-primary English speaking person trying desparately to follow the English Usenet groups.

In my accepting all those 'nuisance' errors, I now spend the major effort in checking for proper order/sequence of logic, proper grammatical construction, and avoid too many pronouns - absolutely making certain each antecedent for any pronoun is explicitly clear. .

Reply to
Robert Macy

There was no ESD event either. An electrical power source experiencing an arcing event is NOT an ESD event.

The two are absolutely different effects from different sources, sinking in different ways as well.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

But it is NOT an ESD event!

If you did, you were in the wrong career path then as well, because your grasp of the effects and events are badly bent by your inability to KNOW and USE the proper terminology.

A power supply will ALWAYS operate in a vacuum. Perhaps you refer to some effect, such as an arc being more or less difficult within a vacuum, but there is nothing in a vacuum to make a circuit fail to operate, except for vented parts, like EL caps.

If it is a proper HV supply, it will be potted. And yes, I do have first hand experience.

So what are your fears about a vacuum and HV?

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

that are

regard for the same

especially hard for

for

problems, so lowly

know better.

dyslexics by

read,

and

only to

This PC

checkers, so

are

Why bother?

appears to be

error is

aging

or

ambivalence

=46ormal systems consistency check; i get it. It take a while to develop the skill though.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

why ESD

etc.

wouldn't

Do NOT trust anything Tzu "AlwaysWrong" has to say. While that gaggle of grade school delinquents gets one almost right once per few years, they brag about accomplishments that friends, neighbors, and acquaintances might have had something to do with as if it was their (its) own.

'ave i nice day.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

that are

rd for the same

ally hard for

for

s, so lowly

w better.

xics by

read,

nly to

his PC

rs, so

are

Why bother?

s to be

or is

aging

or

mbivalence

I marvel at my wife's ability to write. [a published, professional author] What she writes is clear today, tomorrow, and years later. Plus, she writes faster than ability to type [talks the storyline], so she catches the flow by dictating into voice recorder, or worse, makes me take the dictation [used to type 100+ wpm] She once wrote a 4 page epic poem in 45 minutes! The story is of two souls excaping a hellish scenario, living to tell the tale, and describing the sequence of events to a roadside innkeeper. The darkness in the style of Poe and the wordsmithing in the style of Longfellow. The visual imagery is profound and generated interest as potential basis for a film with an unmentioned, famous film company. She constantly refers to my writing as, "Are you SURE English is your first language?"; "I hear the words, but in the sequence you placed them make NO sense!"; and "Be quiet, or I can't straighten out your pretzel logic!" In defense of the denegration, it's true. What I write makes little sense today, less sense, tomorrow, and years from now I have absolutely no idea what I was trying to relay. She 'corrected' an article I once wrote for a magazine. When she was finished, it had such good logic flow and was so precise that the editor did NOT change a single word, anywhere, went into print in its original form.

Reply to
Robert Macy

hy ESD

c.

't

of

Thanks for the 'heads up'

I still ALWAYS listen for anything. One never knows what can trigger a whole different approach/invention.

As proof of defending lowly origins for ANY thought: During a group management training session, we were each tasked with writing down a list of what was wrong with the company. With great pride I wrote a very detailed, eloquent [to me] list which I thought when compared to others would be thought outstanding in its perceptiveness [much like Jean Shepard thought of his essay in "Christmas Story"] Afterwards, comparing our lists was a VERY humbling experiemce. You now how you picture each person's intelligence? That guy's really smart. That guy's about equal, That guy couldn't find his way to the bathroom. Well, when the lists were compared, they were ALL identical!!! The lesson? EVERYBODY knows what's wrong, so LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN. Don't evaluate the idea based upon its origin.

Interestingly, separations of the thought processes started appearing when we were asked to prioritize the faults of the company. Few could legitimately prioritize their own list. Even fewer were able to come up with solutions. I'll bet the final separation comes in finding the person with the b**** to implement solutions. And at the top? has to be the one who sees in others the total ability, including WHO will effectively implement to get results. How many people can identify talent like that? Very few. General Bradley had that ability. During the war, he pointed across the room to a young bell boy bussing tables and said, some day that man will be running this hotel. And sure enough in the 80's I had a chance to visit that bell boy turned Maitre D' of the Hotel Excelsior in Rome.

Reply to
Robert Macy

ESD

ur

Hard to contain voltages as low as 50kV, Unexplained corona everywhere! Plus, experimentation takes so damned long, take down the vacuum, change something [very cleanly], bring the vacuum back and two days are shot! Not so much 'fear' as loathing.

Reply to
Robert Macy

You will not get any valid information from an asshole like him.

Hell, he proved how stupid he was in the last month's posts alone. Feel free to review his history.

The guy is a Windows hating computer science AND real science stupid jerk, at best.

AND he mouths off like a punk about other people ALL THE TIME.

But runs and hides behind his little pathetic filter mentality after he tosses his pathetic volleys. Real mature. NOT!

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

However, ANY arcing events are NOT ESD events. THAT is what you have to get through your 2 functioning neurons.

And no, the corona is not 'unexplained'. It is ALL explained.

Understanding is 1000% better.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do