Biggest Electronics Design contest ever!

Farnell are really putting some great money up for this one.

Two thumbs up.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Are you entering Dave?

Reply to
dmm

"David L. Jones"

** I just watched (most) of that appalling video of Harriet Green, Farnell's female CEO.

Could not stop thinking about " Harriet Jones ", the member for Flydale North from the new Doctor Who series.

Did the Farnell CEO peel off her fake exterior to reveal an alien monster inside ?

I was too damn scared to watch ......

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Wed, 06 Jun 2007 09:16:53 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Something makes no sense, a 'flow diagram for the software', but a detailed BOM with manufacturers specified for the hardware.

Wow, one FPGA of the largest size..... Now what does it do? Oh well it is an AI module helping people to find ways how to reduce global warming ;-) LOL They have been pooring kilo dollars into AI for many years.....

Hey, I have a ready design, my 5 Watt webserver (and it really works): OK I did not do most of the hardware and not most of the software.... But genius is putting the right parts together in the right way :-)

I do not play in contests, never.

Note to self: Do not post this, will overload server.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not the biggest ever. TI had one in 2000 where the grand prize was $100K cash rather than $50K+. Also a USD was worth around 50% more back then. ;-)

It is an interesting approach to target the environment.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

ve-edge.com

I never buy from Farnell as they have a min order of =A320.

Always buy from local Maplin or go to RS Components.

Reply to
Marra

Damn, completely missed that one.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

If I can come up with an idea good enough. My wife is an environmental scientist, so that might help.

Watch every well funded uni research center on the planet enter it though.

The thing is that it appears to be just for an electronics project, so you could invent a 100% efficient solar cell and not be eligible to enter.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones