How To Get Rich in Electronics??

Sell your stuff to get extra cash then bet it all on Black - it's a good omen at present.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Most who will probably, "aren't on the level".

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Treason doth never prosper: what\'s the reason?

"Follow The Money"  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

I'm leaning towards it.

John

I know an Electrical Engineer that is an U.S. House of Representative for Florida's 6th District, as well as an US Air Force Veteran.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I think he made his initial money inventing an insulin pump. So, he's not an 'electronics person' per se. But if you are an electronics whiz, you invent an electronic gadget. If you are a mechanical whiz, something mechanical, etc.

The part about being a self promoter is necessary unless you want to hide in your cellar workshop and let some other promoter make all the money off your work. It takes quite a bit of initiative to get rich. But its also important to make connections with the right people. I don't know about the social club thing. Most of the clubs and professional societies I've seen don't filter their memberships very well. One can waste a lot of time plowing through the people who think that a big bar tab and good game of golf are what it takes to get ahead. I'd rather make connections with decision makers in an industry not have to deal with the jerk-offs. People who run the party have to spend time being nice to everyone.

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, "Let there be Light."
And there was still nothing, but you could see it.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Can I sell you a 555 for $5.00? :) Just kidding..

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Not a concern of yours, except that the toothpaste industry might (perhaps literally, but probably with legal means) kill you. Expect suspiciously well-funded and suspiciously media-savvy "grass roots" organizations to come out and question the safety of the product, just for starters. Years of being held up with litigation and regulatory hassles, the stress and resulting heart attack will do the rest.

As "Sheldon" said in the "Jerusalem Duality" episode of _The Big Bang Theory_, we're the Oompa Loompas of science.

Different focus, as you say below.

First step, disassociate "filthy" and "rich"! Few people want to be filthy (I'd say nobody, but some sed scat enthusiast would call me a liar).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

And angling for a discount?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Already done. Hold 50ml of 20uS silver ions in your mouth for 10 minutes each morning. Then spit it out.

All the bacteria that cause plaque and tooth decay will die. The plaque will simply fall off. You won't get any more cavities, and your dentist will be out of a job.

As a side effect, you won't get any more colds, flu, or cold sores either. You will also probably never get Shingles (Herpes Zoster), or any other viral infection.

If you happen to get a stomach ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori, the bacterium responsible for most peptic ulcers, simply swallow the silver instead of spitting it out. It will kill the bacteria, and the incredible pain will fade in a few hours.

I have been using silver ions in solution for around ten years. I have not had a cold or flu in all that time.

I did get Shingles, but the silver killed the virus immediately. I recently got an ulcer. The silver killed it immediately.

All the things I describe are from my own personal experience, so I can vouch for the effectiveness.

Some people will object that silver gives you Argyria, which turns your skin blue.

This only occurs when silver ions are combined with some other substance, such as nitrate (silver nitrate), acetate (silver acetate), chlorine (silver chloride), or various protein compounds (mild silver protein.)

These compounds must be taken in very large doses over a long period for Argyria to appear. You need to accumulate about 2 grams of silver to start showing Argyria.

However, it never occurs when silver ions are taken alone. The silver is quickly eliminated from your body.

Also, holding the silver ion solution in your mouth, then spitting it out, eliminates the problem completely since most of the silver is discarded. Using this method, you absorb less than 4 parts per billion in your blood, which is far less than the 2 grams of silver generally regarded as the minimum for Argyria to start showing.

It is important to note that this solution is similar to colloidal silver, which has been discussed often. However, I need to emphasize the importance of the silver ions as being responsible for the effectiveness of the solution.

What is generally regarded as silver particles in colloidal silver is actually silver hydroxide (AgOH), which is insoluble and inert. It has no antibacterial or antiviral effect.

Since the silver is quickly eliminated from your body, you need to keep taking the silver ion solution every day or so. It is available in most health food stores, but it is quite expensive and normally quite weak. The normal concentration of ions is less than 5 to 10 parts per million, which is not strong enough to do much good.

However, you can easily make this solution at home for pennies per dose.

For more information, please see

Best Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Come on. Level with me. Is this gadget really worth it?

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Perhaps it has degrees of usefulness.. ewwww..That can't be funny.. My humour is a little off balance today...

btw... I couldn't design this.. It's too dopey. It's a drag racing alarm clock.

But I wish I designed this. I have one. It's a projection clock.

But I got it from Costco.

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

20uS??

How does that compare with off the shelf mouthwash?? From wikipedia: "Active ingredients in commercial brands of mouthwash can include thymol, eucalyptol,[11] hexetidine, methyl salicylate, menthol, chlorhexidine gluconate,[12][9] benzalkonium chloride, cetylpyridinium chloride,[13] methylparaben, hydrogen peroxide, domiphen bromide and sometimes fluoride,[14] enzymes and calcium. Ingredients also include water, sweeteners such as sorbitol, Sucralose, sodium saccharine, and xylitol (which doubles as a bacterial inhibitor).[15]"

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

These battery adapters are kind of nice.

I made AA-to-C adapters years ago from drilling wooden dowels, and was trying to figure out if they had already been patented.

Then I saw a guy in Costco behind me with those plastic adapters...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Hold 80-proof vodka in your mouth, then swallow. (Why spit it out...?)

Reply to
mrdarrett

Let's say you went ahead with your idea.. Perhaps it could have happened like this....

1) Made drawings 2) Got plastic fabrication equipment set up in Taiwan, China, India or other.. 3) Became an importer 4) Became a distributor and sell to Walmart or other. 5) Waged war with copycats 6) Sold company

Anyways... I liked the comment on that page "There are two kinds of people who are hardest on AA batteries - photographers and babies. There's one of each in my house!"

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

It may yet happen. My main worry was infringing existing patents. I didn't see any "Protected By Patent Numbers..." on the package, come to think of it. Plus I have connections in the Philippines. US $5/ day is considered a high wage in some parts of the country...

Then again, my main interest at the time was in renewable liquid fuels, and I did not want to become distracted...

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

No patent # may mean they're copying somebody else or...perhaps it's not worth patenting.. It may not be worth patenting due to expected piracy.

I wonder how often it occurs that a company has so much production power, distribution power and advertising power that it doesn't matter to get it patented. The company can flood the market first, make a massive buck and then discontinue the product once sales fall due to copycats and other reasons. Heck, in the end, a company may sell the production machines to the copycats.

D from BC snipped-for-privacy@comic.com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Bread has been open-source for thousands of years... ;-)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

I work with machinists, who would probably say yes. (they'd use it in lieu of a set of sine blocks.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rent out the test equipment, Sell the electronics parts in lots on eBay, Find a job in management or with the government, and Invest the money in the stock market.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett