Do a Company Reunion or Not?

I'm pondering if I should organize a company reunion. The company had it's birth and death about 10 years ago. At it's peak, the company had about 60 people. I've managed to contact a few past employees and have gotten positive interest.

Has anybody here had similar experience? Did you go to the reunion? What happened? Have you set up a reunion? Any suggestions?

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

it's = it is

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Were you the owner?

Reply to
mrdarrett

Well, I have a group of friends that meet (now about once a year...:-( ) that were part of a group at a former company. When we have the get together, we send out invites to everyone, and usually get a few that were not in the support group. We usually just meet somewhere and have lunch or dinner. Be sure to invite spouses!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Started and folded in about the same year? Wow. Must have been quite the ride.

Sounds like a dot-com, meteoric ascent followed by a major kablouie ;-)

Its always fun when it's former employees meet again.

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep, I went to a work reunion recently for KeyCorp, were I worked circa 1994. At its peak the company had 300 employees, then it all went bust and the big retrenchment happened. They have only been a shell of a company since the original MD was booted out, mutating several time.

I hardly knew anyone, if it wasn't for my friend who I went with who I've worked with at 3 different companies now, it would have been a very slow night. The old founder and MD turned up which was nice. I was keen to catch up with several people, but only one of those turned up, but it was worth going just for that renewed contact.

I organise reunion lunches for a previous company quite often.

Don't let it get out of hand, much better when you just invite a core group that can sit at one quiet table. Around 6 is a good number. It's crazy when people invite other people, and you never get to really talk with the people you want to talk with. Or worse still, people you didn't like turn up.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Nope.. I wasn't the owner. I believe the company was initially owned by a few investors. I didn't know the investors but I did get to know many employees way back then.

After about 2 years, the company started changing ownership like a used car. Also, the company changed names like a nightclub with too many shootings before finally fizzling out.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

I'm just shocked at the amount of unconscious mistakes I make while posting in between spice simulations.

If my s placements are messed up...I have to wonder how badly my electronics are messed up.. :P

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Never been to a company reunion, but I was just at my 50th High School reunion in August.

I had absolutely nothing in common with those former classmates.

Now that my father has passed I will probably never go back to WV.

...Jim Thompson

Neato.. :)

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

The company lasted about 3 years...I got to see 2 years of that. Yup..what a ride. :)

I suspect the product was too expensive and it had too much competition.

It would be sad if I find out that some of the ex-employees now flip burgers in McDonalds.. :P

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

You don't mean just invite 6 people to the reunion??? I suppose you mean 6 people per table..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Exactly what a group of VC fund directors talked about yesterday evening, when they got to the topic "Don't do that!".

Can be worse, with all the foreclosures today. Let's hope not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Did they all turn into leftist weenies? :)

TheM

message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

It's a Democrat state at its ultimate... everyone is on welfare, courtesy of Robert C Byrd...

WV Senator for 50 years... became Senator same year I graduated from High School.

...Jim Thompson

See if the company is listed at

If not, create a profile for it and see if others find it.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe I'm just crusty old but I find social network sites like myspace and facebook too awkward and cheezy.. I hate signing up to sites with a dozen fill in boxes.. Fkn data mining leeches! My goal is not to increase the popularity of a social website. My goal is a reunion. I don't want banners, advertisements and who knows what other crapola introduced by a social site.

I'm considering just starting a website. The website just has an attendance list and a TBA meeting date. Simple. Clean. Classy.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

Do whatever you want. I've been contacted by several old friends from the Classmates listing, and they have reunion planning in place on the website.

Another contacted me after finding his name listed on the AFRTS website in an Email I had sent them.

As always, you have to do things the hard way. OTOH, it could use up a lot of your free time, and reduce your time on USENET,. so go for it!

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE IN THE POSSESSIVE ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief,
Apostrophe Police

It's its...I gots it. :)

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada

Reply to
D from BC