How to detect the transmitter frequency ?

You implied they didn't exist. Well actually it was a bit more than an implication.

If you could now kindly cite something that makes your straw-grasping fantasy a reasonable assumption, I'm willing to look at it. I could certainly be wrong, but I can't think of any reasonable protocol that wouldn't transmit for at least a couple of mS. I mean I can think of silly schemes to keep the transmissions below 250uS, but why? Just so this counter can't lock onto it? Just so you can be right?

A scanner, even a good one, is NEVER going to lock on to intermittent bursts that are

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Anthony Fremont

Cite an example of one remote logger that would be.

I guess you think the OP can just wait for the squelch to open too instead of having to listen to all that noise? Show me one scanner with specifications indicating that it can lock onto a burst that small. Give it up phil. You don't even have the decency to answer the questions you don't like, you just snip them away. Try acting like an adult for once.

I don't want to here any more garbage from you phil. I only want to see some references to back up your pig ignorant claims.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

The drawing in the link above illustrates how you can build your own frequency measuring system with a frequency generator, a mixer, and an oscilloscope. With a little ingenuity you could build it for about $200.

You will need to tune the generator until you see a low-frequency signal on the oscilloscope from the IF output of the mixer. The closer you get to the transmit frequency, the lower the IF signal frequency will be.

There are a few 1 GHz generators for sale on eBay for under $150

Frank Raffaeli

Reply to
Frank Raffaeli