How I design this circuit?

Greetings I am KeJia student at Anhui University of Technology and Science.

My project is USB toaster. How I make the circuit to power it.

Reply to
KeJia

Surely has to be a troll.

In case it's not, the student should examine the power available from a USB port, and the power required to toast things, and then find a different project.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Can't you power it from the cloud?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:04:45 +0000 (UTC), KeJia Gave us:

Use about 400 supercaps or a motorcycle battery and a hand crank generator that you crank for several minutes before use mounted on the end of the unit. Crank and repeat several times to actually get a single two slice toast session to complete. A USB spec port simply cannot do it without an overnight charged motorcycle battery in the mix.

IOW, somebody is pulling your leg... And it isn't me.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:14:29 +0000, John Devereux Gave us:

Wouldn't that stand his hair on end?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It might be a real project option devised by a member of the teaching staff who ought to know better.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

** What do you want to toast - an ant ?

** Bit of this, bit of that and some hot buttered code.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 22:32:02 +1100, Sylvia Else Gave us:

Or wants to cull out someone. Perhaps it is the teacher who failed to learn something. I think that goes a bit past "should know better".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Probably the easiest way is to find an old RS232 toaster on ebay and use a USB converter.

Syd
Reply to
Syd Rumpo

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 04:33:44 -0700 (PDT), Phil Allison Gave us:

Does not sound very appealing to the pallet..

Maybe with a 4 foot fresnel and a sunny morning (focused) on the side... (of the toaster)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Use the usb to over charge a Lipo, when it catches on fire, hold the bread over the flames... it may not be safe for human consumption. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

1200W/2 slices; 1 slice/600W USB: 5V x 500ma = 2.5W 2.5W x 1 slice/600W = 1/240 slice

step-and-repeat

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

 Click to see the full signature

Good one !! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Toasting the USB, and more, is described here:

but you will probably need google translate to convert it to Chinese (traditional)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Use a 555 or a PIC.

Reply to
tom

Why is this a bad teaching project? It would require creative thinking and evaluation of multiple parameters and possible circuits to see what would work the best.

--

Rick
Reply to

Or said another way for someone whose first language is not English, a USB connector does not have enough power available to toast bread.

However, Calvin and Hobbes might have a different theory.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

There's an app for that.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Powered from USB, or just controlled by it?

But in either case, why?

What would you toast? Have things like frozen waffles and English muffins become popular in China?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature