Protel AutoTrax - how can you ...?

I have been using AutoTrax and Protel Schematic (for DOS) for yonks, but occasionally they get the better of me. The normal schematic->netlist-> autotrax/nrb sequence gets derailed when I need a component that I can't see how to create.

This time it is a resistor array with a common terminal (useful for pull-ups) - four in a SIP5 pack. In Schematic I can't get my head around a way to represent it so that the (post) capture will make sense to AutoTrax. I've tried giving the resistors the correct pin numbers but Schematic baulks at using the same part name. Clearly it wants them to be RS-1A, RS-1B and so on but I can't see how.

Anyone conquered this?

As a separate question, AutoTrax libraries - the Traxstd lib (size preset to 200?) is full, so every time I need a new footprint/part I have to add them to Mystuff.lib (size 400). It gets to be a pian having to swap libs all the time.

I expect that Traxstd can't be resized, but even trying a copy-out-(merge)/delete-lib/recreate-sized-400/copy-back gets precluded by the "merge"operation failing with some obscure error#.

Suggestions?

Reply to
pedro

To make a new part for schematic you need the Schematic Library Manage know as SLM.exe. You (hopefully) have this in the same directory as Protel Schmatic.

I haven't bothered with the Autotrax library limitations,I do just what you are doing and have other libraries available - bit of a pain but it works!

Alan

-- Sell your surplus electronic components at

Search or browse for that IC, capacitor, crystal or other component you need. Or find new components at

Alan