How can one make Webex work more reliable?

I think your best bet now is to use wireshark and capture the traffic (someone mentioned this in one of the other post). There is a binary installer for windows.

I have it running on a XP system. Should install without any issues (it will also install the pcap library).

Just before you start the webex session, start wireshark and have it start capturing the packets. Once you get the webx session up and running (you see the other desktop) you can stop wireshark capture. This may at least show you where things are starting to go wrong.

--
Joe Chisolm
Republic of Texas

as an outsider (not a client) I had no problem getting a response on the Cisco forums for a different issue, (I had to sign up and stuff). I got a reasonably rapid response.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

Yeah, maybe I'll do that but first I want to try Webex support via my client. Because I am almost certain that it'll be like it was with Cisco VPN which never worked right: After a request my PC waits for the answer and there is ..... silence ..... followed by some more silence.

Same there, all other VPNs work. Just like it is with web conferencing, all other services work fine, just Webex does not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I tried that in the VPN case. No luck :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Not as far as I understand:

Quote "Providers give their customers the public IP address(es) of ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ primary and backup DNS servers". In my case that is a SF server and as a backup their LA server.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

up to=20

coast,

provider,

lot of

to or

just

you

by

server

Los

That is done to guaranty that you have DNS service, not that you can't = use any other. Very Very few ordinary users could possibly setup networking with it being very damn near perfect "plug and play".

Thimk!

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

provider,

When the old Pacbell had somehow allegedly overbooked access (IIRC they got sued for that) I did try different DNS servers. No workie, even on ones owned by Pacbell. So I called them and they said, sorry, you are a Norcal customer and you can only use SF, and LA as backup.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

is up to=20

4.2.2.6

west coast,

provider,

lot of

belong to or

money just

block?

you

server by

server

Los

as a

use

networking

How weird, i use other servers and have no problems whatsoever. Maybe = you are doing something else wrong as well. Expecting their tech support to know anything is not your best choice. I know, i have dealt with them from time to time.

?-/

Reply to
josephkk

coast,

provider,

Actually their tech service was quite good. When Usenet went down (back when they still carried it) I called. A gal with a Philippines accent picked up. I described the issue, she tried to log into the SF server, then LA, saw the problem. "I think I know what it is and we'll get on it. Thanks for alerting us". I asked her whether she actually is located in the Philippines. She was, said she is a CS student in Manila and earns some money working at the call center. About 15 minutes (!) later Usenet was back for me. I doesn't get better than that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

they

on

you

One good result does not correct for a long term pattern of stark idiocy.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

You should try propane suppliers :-)