High speed video for a laboratory in Spain and www.cita.es/commercial/agent

We must buy a high speed video camera for crash-impact monitoring and we need the best one up to 3.500 USD, as soon as possible. Right now we are considering: PULNiX TM-6740GE Basler eXcite PA 640 - 60 JENOPTIK_ProgRes GE640C and maybe some other models from Prosilica Pixelink Lumenera or Matrox, but we are open to more alternatives, because I am surveying the market and state-of-the-art in High Speed (Cheap) Video.

The point is that we would like to use a camara that is already tested in any other laboratory, and the sellers in Spain do not give any reference that we can check. I think that we will become the first user in Spain, and if so, we want to be considered as Spanish BetaTesters of the system we are going to buy.

Moreover, I suspect that the Spanish distributors are increasing a lot the prices giving nothing, so I think that we could buy the camera in any other country if the price is cheaper and the seller offers any serious reference. Commercial offers are welcome for the first camera and also for distribution, incluiding technical translations or any services offerred at

The objective of our project is car, motorbike and human (dummy) crash simulation in order to design and test new geometries for biwave of highway using new materials. We have a budget of about 3.000 Euros for the first high speed videocamara and accessories, but we shall buy better and more expensive ones in the future so we are interested in any offer starting from 2.000 Euros and I shall appreciate your advice. Our customer is technically well qualified so the end user can install any well documented device in their own PCs with firewire, IEE 1394 (cameralink seems to be too expensive for us) with complex software for video capture like National Instruments LabView.

I shall appreciate the contact with end users as well as prices in any countries or alternative offers.

Ing. Miguel =C1ngel Gallardo Ortiz en

Curriculum Vitae con foto en
Apartado (P.O. Box) 17083, E-28080 Madrid, Spain Tel 914743809 M=F3vil 619776475 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Miguel A. Gallardo en http://w

E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

Take a look at Redlake Motionmeter or similar. you might really be dissapointed if your camera has little onboard memory and you have to stream everything to a card. How many FPS (frames per second) do you really need? As many as you can get is NOT the correct answer. Also, high speed cameras need very bright lighting, a rough rule we use in our lab is the required brightness is the frame rate squared. Remember to budget for that as well, either very bright quartz tungsten lamps or metal halide or sodium off high frequency switching ballasts such as Mercron. Even tungsten lamps appear to dim and brighten in a high speed camera. A traditional impact observing camera is 1000 to 2000 FPS or more, with a record burst time of .5 to 1 second. How long is your event? Also keep in mind resolution decreases with increase in speed, a megapixel camera might only give you 200 x 200 at 2000 FPS.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

Copper lasers are good at 5kHz and 10kW light power from 50W average. The color tends to the green then.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

The lab I work in uses a Redlake Motionscope PCI, which 7 years ago was

22K US$ without the lenses , lights, computer, high speed hard drives, etc. Prices have came down somewhat. our black and white PCI is outdated, its sucessor is the low cost MotionMeter.

Your budget of 3500 Euros will not get you far when you price out the needed lenses, lamps, and CPU, Nor have you mentioned triggering. A manual trigger is a waste of time with greater then 150 FPS, your software MUST either loop the video so you can stop it post event and go in and find what your looking for, or have a robust and fast external hardware trigger input with little software latency. Again it depends on your desired speed and number of recorded frames.

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

First of all, thank you for your reply.

The 3.500 budget is for the camera only so lights and software are out of it and we hope to start with a modest system for the first crashes of a pendulum against some materials with experimental geometries.

Maybe a second hand equipment can be useful if we can get a serious bill (with a previous pro-forma invoice) and remote technical support from a qualified user.

miguel,

snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu ha escrito:

Reply to
Miguel A. Gallardo en http://w