Help Identifying SMD SOT89 device

I have an SMD in a SOT89 case style that I can't identify. The case code is K2092. It is the final in a low power FM transmitter. I've been through a bunch of K code lists without success.

Your help is appreciated. Mike

Here's a picture of the device.

I think it is a transistor, but a Mosfet is possible.

Reply to
amdx

K2 SOT89 2SK2742 Toshiba.

RL

Reply to
legg

Heu Legg, I don't see any text in the body of your post. Will you try again. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Data sheet for 2SK2742 says: Chopper Regulator, DC?DC Converter and Motor Drive Applications

Reply to
John S

OK, I changed computers and now I see your post.

The dimensions of the device in my circuit are 4.3mm x 2.44mm x 1.4mm. That is smaller than the 2SK2742 dimensions, also the tab on top is wider on the k2092 device than on the 2SK2742. Others have said it is a 2SK2092, I can't find any such part.

Still need more help. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I'm not sure it will have what it needs at 108MHz. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Appears to be an obsolete Mitsubishi MOSFET RD01MUS1

"APPLICATION For output stage of high power amplifiers in VHF/UHF Band mobile radio sets"

Unfortunately the datasheet fails to indicate how they mark the d*** thing:

However this excellent product manual for the iCOM IC703 shows the code and package for the RD01MUS1 match (page 2).

Product page (no datasheet link because it's obsolete..):

They seem to be 'available' but from sketchy sources so who knows what you would actually get.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks Spehro, that's seem like the best lead I have received. I'll search for a source and/or a sub. I found them on Ebay, I ordered 5 for $6.20 including the $2.50 shipping. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

K2 SOT89 2SK2742 Toshiba.

RL

Reply to
legg

It is probably a MMIC "Gain Block Amplifier."

For example:

That will do 200 mW into 50 ohms.

NXP has some MMICs with concise marking. I don't see any with that particular marking.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

You have not read the entire thread, have you?

Reply to
John S

Probably not. The package marking does not correlate.

Reply to
John S

?

No other traffic for this thread on my news server. Not even a reply, identical made on the 23rd.

RL

Reply to
legg

That's strange, I can only see your posts on my laptop, but not on my tower. Same with John S's first post.

Reply to
amdx

"Probably not"... what? Correlate with what?

It looks like a transmission line going in and then out. A zoom out would be nice.

I'm not saying it is the ECG008B-G. That was just an *example* of a MMIC that can be used for exactly the purpose given, and comes in a SOT89. If it was more than an example I would not have mentioned the following NXP MMICs.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Well, Simon, the part has a marking. If you look at the data sheet of the part you suggest, you will see that the package marking is completely different from the OP's post.

You should probably read the entire thread and particularly Spehro's post.

Reply to
John S

I have the parts Spehro suggested on order. It does seem strange that I cannot find a code book that crosses to the right part. I search pages deep in code books and never found what I hoped for. But, I like that Icom showed the part the way they did.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Obviously. Since t0, obviously.

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

SMT code books are very sparsely populated matrices. Sometimes I go looking for a part because it's obviously inexpensive and does the job, and more times than not it takes some sleuthing.

--sp

Reply to
speff