help finding a microprocessor trainer

Try Z World:

They have kits starting at $99. If you want a keyboard & display that will be more.

Reply to
Tom

Hi to all:

I'm looking for a microprocessor trainer that I can program in assembly language, maybe C, and having a usb connection.

It would be nice to have a hex keypad on the board as well. I'm familiar with the 68hc11 and the Z80, 8085, etc...Maybe want to make a step up.

I want to work with some of my students with this, and have the ability to tie circuits to it..Have a small breadboard on the main board of the trainer.

Thanks for the help. I've looked on the net, but haven't found anything real close to what I want.

Does Parallax make anything that can be programmed using assembly language? What is the SX-key and the SX chips all about?

Thanks for all the help,

Art

Reply to
mathtutoring

Looks tasty for 20 bucks.

JeffM

try comp.arch.embedded, very useful hangout. I'm just about to order some atmel AVR butterfly things. They look impressive, for the price. On board bootloader, free toolchain, good net support, avrfreaks, but I havent tried it yet. There will be a big discussion about asm Vs C, (so I wont go there) onboard LCD, ADC etc Com port programming , a FTDI could added for USB The butterfly has port I/O headers, so the breadboard can be kept isolated. An advantage. Only drawback 3v3 supply, not 5V tolerant

martin

Reply to
martin griffith