Heater Minco

Anybody know what going on at Minco. My part went from 8 weeks to 26 weeks.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Maybe they are greening out.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Their deliveries have always been slow and erratic. Not to mention expensive. There are wire-in-silicone heaters that are a lot cheaper and easier to get.

John

I like the simple Heaterstat for many apps.

I found a new inexpensive heater controller, but I am still trying to find a small sensor to replace a larger sensor. Its an uncommon 1K thermister. I can't match up the scales using the smaller thermister. I'm still thinking. An on/off controller works in many applications and a PID controller is not always necessary. Well the $50 controller I found is much cheaper than most PID's and still has a digital readout. The thing I have to do is convert the on/off output to a slow analog output to get rid of any switching noise. Some controllers have analog out, but they still are too expensive.

greg

Reply to
GregS