HC11 simulator

I have been searching to an HC11 simulator.

The ones that goggle have found are dead links.

Does any one have a favorite HC11 simulator thats still available ??

Thanks

donald

Reply to
Donald

I think I still have a few unused boards of a HC11E9 emulator I built in 1990 or so, have a look at mine:

. If you really need one of these let me know and I'll look a bit harder if I can offer you one.

Dimiter

D> I have been searching to an HC11 simulator.

Reply to
Didi

I already have hardware.

I would like a software simulator, but this is just too old.

Thanks

donald

Reply to
Donald

There is a Yahoo group for the HC11 which is still alive, you may have better luck posting there. I have never used a HC11 software simulator, and I just don't know what is out there.

Well so is the HC11, I am not sure there are many new things for it available. I guess I can locate the sources for the monitor running on that emulator (I wrote it around 1990 as well), if it turns out you need them I can probably upload them sumewhere on an "as is" free basis.

Dimiter

D> >>Does any one have a favorite HC11 simulator thats still available ??

Reply to
Didi

Reply to
Trish

You might have to write one.

I have an HC05 simulator and some Doze software for it, which you can have for the cost of shipping and my time to dig it out of storage.

I also used to use one at work about 15 or 20 years ago. The guy who ran that place is retired, but the thing might still be lying around. That one isn't a simulator, it's a full-blown emulator, but for the HC11A1 or so, and I don't even know if they still have it.

But, why start projects with such an old processor? Are they still making them? Admittedly, it's a very, very nice processor to work with - has somebody come up with something that spiffy, but in production? (I especially fell in love with their event timer structure, albeit I could have been prejudiced by having just finished an 8051 project, where I had to jump through hoops to use the timer.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There's a simulator built into the gcc toolchain for HC11, though it isn't graphical and doesn't have very good support for simulated external devices.

Really though, you're wasting your time developing anything new with the HC11. Throw that old clunker in the bin and get a modern flash-based MCU.

Reply to
Clifford Heath