hc11 tutorial

i am totally new to hc11 . can anyone help find complete tutorial for beginners and advanced on the internet. name of books will also help .

thanks in advance

ritu

Reply to
ritu

recently I wrote one in German Language for the HCS12 what ist the successor of the HC11 family. If you still have the choice I can recommend you not to start with HC11 and choose HC12 therefore. Otherwhile you should find plenty of pages for the HC11 by google

Reply to
Janvi

The books I used were "Microcontroller Technology The 68HC11" by Peter Spasov. And the HC11 M68HC11 Reference Manual. The "Microcontroller Technology" book uses assembly language. Sorry, I am not aware of any tutorials on the internet.

Reply to
Jeff Davis

As janvi said, if you possibly can go for another controller. The HC11 may not be obsolete yet, but it is near end-of-life. Slow bus (5MHz @ 5V, 3MHz @

3V), E2PROM instead of Flash, etc. If you want to stay with Motorola, there's the HC12 or the 56Fxxx. Otherwise there's ARM; for instance Philips have decently priced LPC2104. HTH

steven

Reply to
steven

hi steven,janvi

i would like to thank you for your suggestion . as far as microcontrollers are concerned , i know only 8085 . regarding hc12

56fxxx etc. can you give me some more details , it would be of great help . books , website , etc. actually it's for my postgraduate project .my teacher have asked me to design a totally new project. and i have time till december. so i am collecting as many materials as possible ( both useful and useless ) etc. so it would be of great help if you can help me.

with regards

ritu

Reply to
ritu

So I understand it doesn't have to be an HC11 at all? OK, then there are other questions:

- What does the controller have to do?

- What kind of resources are needed (Memory, I/O, special features)?

- What about performance?

- Is cost an issue? If you give us more details we might help you further.

You can already start looking for:

- 56F800 on Motorola site

- HC08 and HC12, also Motorola

- ARM (powerful 32-bits RISC), an affordable type is LPC2104 from Philips

- MSP430 from TI of course there are others. Google around and you will find. While you're at it, it's a good idea to have a look at development tools too. A well-designed demo-kit can save you weeks of research time. Check what software comes with it. How do you program it from a PC (you don't want to spend valuable time on designing your own programmer)?

Now back to work! :-) Success

Steven

Reply to
steven

Might as well suggest he look at Atmel mega128 AVR while he's evealuating every other microcontroller in the world....

Reply to
BobGardner

every

After hearing reports on AVR devices from colleagues of mine I'm not so fond of AVR lately. New devices are always late and often bug-ridden. The list of issues on the ATMega103 became so long that it was a major embarrassment and Atmel found it wiser to replace it with the Mega128. Very funny if you just released a product for which you'll need 10K of these. Other example: Tiny's (I don't remember which ones) the oscillator of which doesn't work. And I'm not talking about engineering samples. What a joy we had then! Or the infamous warning not to use the EEPROM address 0x00, unless you want a random number generator.

Our distri's know this, and would even dare to mention AVR in my presence. A bit of a pity actually ;-)

Reply to
steven