Growth in Social Security Take

Extravagances? Me ?:-) Julia-style beef bourguignonne momentarily ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Doh! You're right - I hadn't even cross checked it with that. This is what comes of using Excel. $6k per year @ 5.5%, then.

True enough.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Your solution is..?

Reply to
OuroborosRex

aken

ount

m us.

Yeah I know. Europe is the big savior of the world - until they need saving. Bah humbug.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Sounds kinda like insurance, doesn't it?

I hear it constantly, usually from people pretending accidents never happen. =)

Reply to
OuroborosRex

Should be, if everything else, including increase in number covered, rising healthcare costs, etc. is excluded. Not possible in the real world, of course.

Yep. And when I take that 45,060 into 106,400, times 15.3%, I get the aforementioned 36x. Thanks!

Reply to
OuroborosRex

Except that the government threatens you with prison if you don't pay your social security tax.

It's not an accident if you don't save for the future. Opps, I bought a new car, Opps, I put a 42" flat screen tv on my credit card. Opps, I bought the whole family each their own 4 wheeler. Opps, we ate out 6 times this week. Accidents happen. Mike

Reply to
amdx

Made-up prejudicial crap. You can have everything you had and ever will have destroyed by one car wreck or chronic illness, and it doesn't even have to be yours. Pretending otherwise is simply delusional.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

This is a crucial difference between the right and left wing. The left wing is fine with your use of the system, because you paid in. It is the right wing that wants your investment to disappear from some private account as soon as you get seriously sick, hurt, or sued.. ;)

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Nonsense! It is the left who want to review your health status at age

50 and decide whether you are worth any further maintenance.

...Jim Thompson

    Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, but without ANY scruples,
           masquerading in politically-correct black-face.

Simply a lie.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

Only leftist wusses believe their own propaganda. I won't be affected. you will.

...Jim Thompson

    Obama: A reincarnation of Nixon, but without ANY scruples,
           masquerading in politically-correct black-face.

er

If you're worried about accidents, buy insurance. Making people buy insurance when they don't want to, for things they aren't worried about, just drives up the price of insurance, and the services insured.

Besides, the healthscare issue isn't about insurance, it's that people want all their day-to-day medical care, for free. Plain old insurance--against disaster--would be a different, cheaper, and simpler thing. And the price of ordinary care would drop, too.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Funny, not seeing any refutation here.

Reply to
Ouroboros Rex

One of the problems is that the end consumer is insulated from the real cost. If, when Taneesha brings little Mobutu to the ER for a skinned knee, if they sent her the $1500.00 bill, maybe she'd be motivated to buy a first aid kit and learn how to use it.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

The math was verified by others farther up in the thread. The amount paid into social security by high wage earners has increased by 36 times since the program started. Mike

Reply to
amdx