great invention

On a sunny day (Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:20:41 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Thats sounds good, Iconsidred them a year or so agao. They do seem not to do so well lately?

Naa, NSA reads all my postings and will soon issue a comic with those. :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 28 Mar 2014 13:50:20 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Yes, that is better, keyboard protected too.

I changed the sim card on the HTC, that needs taking out the battery, it dropped (the battery) in the dirt, I rinsed the battery under the tap and dried it with a paper towel, the phone started re-booting at irregular intervals, charged the battery, if failed completely, ordered a new battery, it works again. There was a (now red) moisture sticker on the battery, so do not rinse your battery... It measures 1.25 V now, internally shut off.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 28 Mar 2014 17:16:32 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Just switch of GPS, makes battery last longer too.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Lane departure warnings in a marriage can be large porcelain items smashing into the wall behind the offender :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Only a leftist/statist moron believes he knows better than someone else what they want/need. You're certainly in that category.

You're wrong, of course. For one, it's not less. For another, it's not a "computer". It's a display device.

You make absolutely no sense. Perhaps it's where you live.

Maybe you need to learn how to deal with attributions. Your "computer" certainly can't. Maybe you need Jobs' help more than you realize.

Reply to
krw

You can switch off navi but there is no switch for GPS. It's there whenever he phone is powered.

Reply to
krw

"Metro busses"? Only losers ride busses here. The restrictions on cell phone use have just begun but since you obviously haven't been paying attention:

See above. It will become more common.

Perhaps you should read what others write as well.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:42:26 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

Well, if you want to stick your fingers in a well, if you really want that, I am not stopping you.

Funny how you have this leftist fixation while you are more 'left' whatever you may think that means than Stalin.

OK 'computah', well its a computah without a keyboard. Maybe you should read up on Turing what a computer really is.

?

attributions does indeed ring no bell here,. so I can sure do without. My computah speaks English, at least a sub dialect, I mean what I type on the command line. While you on your not_computah are still flipping and rubbing glass and changing screen layout to even type your attributes? LOL

My computahs can do a lot more than you can ever imagine let alone understand.

To buy something else with less for more?

Look, now the magic salesman has passed away (I give him that much), and Icahn wants the Apple cash box, no new products apart from going cheap plastic cases in kid colors, what hope is there for applejuice? Even the hypnotized masses will wake up one day... What a lot of garbage Jobs created, landfills full, millions...

I was thinking(tm) the other day that you can see something like that in supermarkets with shelves full of stuff where people just grab an item - if they can ever find it - (your rotten apple), versus the hardware store where you walk in and simply ask for the item, and advice, and get it (my computahs).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:45:02 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

Nope, on my HTC android you can just switch it off. if you start a GPS app then it will kindly ask you to switch it on again. I measured the currents of the various modes while waiting for a new battery, and it makes a HUGE difference if GPS is on or off. Something like 300% if you do not run anything (processor asleep, but GPS module powered).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Get a Lexus GS manual and look at Lane Keeping Assistant.

--

-TV
Reply to

No thanks. Perhaps you should tell us what you're talking about. The Lexi I've ridden in (suppliers'/reps' cars) just beep.

Most of the roads around here have cats-eyes so lane departure warnings are redundant. ;-)

Reply to
krw

I'm not afraid of water. You do seem a little hydrophobic, lately, though.

Yeah, I don't much like people telling me what to do. You're all the same, though some are dumb enough to lie to themselves. Some are even dumb enough to buy their lie.

Oh, good grief! You're sounding more like Slowman, now. Perhaps it is where you live. In Turing's time, a "computer" was a person who calculated.

OK, you really are slow. You answered yourself.

Evidently not.

No, I sure don't share your fantasies.

Repeating a lie doesn't make it true. You *are* learning from Slowman.

Why are you so obsessed with Apple? You're worse than a teenage kid.

You make no sense. You gotta knock off the shrooms.

Reply to
krw

You're wrong. Your phone will still report its location.

You're turning navi on and off. The GPS receiver is always "on".

Nope.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:51:41 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

Have a nice day IF you can

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:53:27 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

Really what have you measured, you are just posting carp.

Idiot, I MEASURED it. Your mama had no time for you? Now you blabber here?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I do have to start my taxes (ick). They should take me a week, this year. What better to do on a rainy day.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:58:14 -0400) it happened snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in :

I did that a few weeks ago..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I don't have to measure anything. I can read the documentation. You don't know what you're measuring and obviously can't read the manual.

*ALL* cell phones report location. Always. It *CAN'T* be turned off.

I don't care what you *think* you measured. You did *NOT* turn off GPS. It can't be.

Reply to
krw

Mine are a real mess this year. Rental income, expenses, depreciation(?) and Fed + 2 states.

Reply to
krw