GPS trackers - a potential weapon from hell

Oh I didn't see the part about placing the TRAP in the bag. Wow. Waste of a good trap.

Couldn't you just drive to the closest deserted area with the cat-in-trap, then de-cat your vehicle?

Reply to
onehappymadman
[and excerpted attribution: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:]

Ever seen a football game? The part where the guys all huddle up to discuss some secret?

They're talkking about you.

Good Luck! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

They turn off randomly. The thing is, there are so _many_ street lights, and people do so _much_ driving, that when the street light goes out when you're in visible range you notice it. I.e., street lights go off all of the time, and noticing one is no big deal. What it is, is that the lights overheat randomly, and when the thermal fuse resets itself, it restarts.

If you really start keeping track, you'll notice that it happens more often in humid/cloudy/drizzly/rainy weather. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Would a typical container float?

Thanks, Rich

--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uh-huh.

Good Luck! Rich

--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax
B. Legalize drugs
C. Stand down all military actions by the US that don\'t involve actual
   military aggression against US territory
D. Declare World Peace I.
Reply to
Rich Grise

That was my first thought. I thought about stopping at a pay phone and calling their dispatcher to tell them to knock it off, but my twisted sense of humor kicked in. I KNEW that they weren't stupid enough to follow me all the way to the transmitter building, with its two high chain link fences with locked gates. After 9-11, it is a federal crime to enter a transmitter site, if you don't work there, or are there to make a delivery.

That is when you need a scanner to see who, and what they are after. I live next to the Florida greenbelt, and a lot of people head for it to get away from the law, so I hear copters searching the area every couple months.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Just drive around aimlessly for a while. Then find a pay phone, call the local NSA office and say, "I'm lost. Could you guys tell me how to get back on the interstate from here?"

Dyslexics have more fnu.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[snip]

Cell phones only have to see a single base station 5 to 10 miles away on the ground. GPS receivers have to see at least 3 (or is it 4) satellites simultaneously, orbiting at several hundred miles altitude.

Yeah, but you\'re taking the universe out of context.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Because unlike you, we are not "outsiders". We are insiders. I am an engineer who works with GPS all the time and find your description of what GPS can actually do laughable. And don't call me a gringo. I am not one. I am Asian - but not Chinese. I am a Muslim - but not Arab. I am Malaysian!!

Again, those were 'bugs'. Nothing says that they have GPS capabilities

- they probably don't. My beef with you is not that bugs don't exist. They do and you'd be quite right to worry about them. What annoys me is that you clearly don't have a clue of what GPS is capable of.

I work with that technology day in, day out and trust me you really, really have nothing to worry yet. At least not with GPS. A simple radio beacon is simpler, smaller, more reliable, easier to hide and will run for longer on a smaller battery than a GPS based system.

Reply to
slebetman

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com schrieb:

So what? Are you trying to insinuate that this makes you a trustworthy person - not to mention any professional qualification?

Over here, we've got too many of you, too. If I had my way, we'd charter freigth vessels and bring you back to the Sahara where you belong. *) Koran and the west simply don't go together.

By the way, the last word on the islamisation of Europe hasn't been spoken yet, is my growing impression.

*) Don't try to inform me about the differences between the Sahara and Malaysia. I've seen both of them. The common denominator is the prophet.

--

Unter blinden ist der ein=E4ugige k=F6nig.

Michael Laudahn

why not just thump the cat on the head with a shovel? quick and essentially painless (hit it hard).

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

So what? Calling someone gringo makes you a racist bigot.

Mentioned my professional qualification. I said I work with and design GPS devices. I also mentioned I'm an electronics engineer.

Ah, so it's true that you're a racist bigot. Islam is a western religion from where I'm sitting. The Sahara is in the west. BTW Islam didn't originate from Africa but the Arabian peninuslar - also in the west. But to racist bigots like you all non caucasians are black I guess.

There is no such thing as islamisation. At least not like westernisation. Islam has no inherent culture unlike christianity. Every culture that have adopted Islam maintained their own cultural identity. Like me, I identify myself as a Malay more so than as a muslim. Similarly, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis and Indian muslims will identify more with their Indian roots than with Arabs.

OK I wont. No use arguing with racist bigots like you.

You're probably a Neo-Nazi activist. No wonder the police are interested in scum like you. In which case I wholeheartedly agree with their tracking of you. Hmm.. I wonder if I can design a better tracking system to help them ;-)

Reply to
slebetman

ROTFLMAO! You go, Slebetman!

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

In article , Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote: [....]

The "toner" in a laser printer is magnetic. Bill acceptors don't just check of a magnetic pattern. They also check that the amplitude it right.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Snort

Remember to put the flashing LEDs on it so the trackee is properly paranoid (of course, in this case, that may not be necessary) ;)

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

I lived in deepest Central Florida for 12 years (left there in 98) and we regularly had drug busts at a fairly local 'disused' airfield. That's not to mention the 100s of acres around the green swamp that had really nicely cultivated marijuana that was only visible from the air. It was a regular occurence for police aircraft to fly fairly low over us (wasn't too far from the headwaters of the green swamp).

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS

Nothing so sophisticated, "they" place a mobile base station on the plane and bundle the traffic into another protocol that goes over sattelite. (The mobile network will not like it very much when the planeload of cellphones travels at 600 km/hour and each phone does a location update every 200 msek when blazing past the base stations. I.O.W: it will not work).

Getting the sattelite link to work is the hard bit - sattelites are good for massive downlink capacity but the uplink suck.

Reply to
Frithiof Andreas Jensen

BOS is the German acronym for state agencies. Ambulance, Police, etc.

Our friend is worried because a GPS tracker manufacturer has a state-agency only, password protected area on its website.

He then proceeds to deduce that said area must contain the really sexy devices.

Regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

No, he sees an acronym which matches that of (presumably) the State agency, so in his paranoid delusional state assumes it therefore must

*be* the State agency. It might be an acronym for "Bags of Shit" or some German equivalent.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Cell phones do seem to work marginally (without the onboard repeaters). Much to the chagrin of the FAA and network operators, they work best just prior to landing, when airspeed is slower, the aircraft is close to the ground and the signals have the highest probability of interfering with ILS equipment. That seems to be when most people try to use them.

Some of the repeaters do work with satellites, but a few operators (Verizon to name one) are working on downlinks to their ground networks. Supposedly, they will be able to provide near broadband service to PCs in flight in addition to supporting phones. Of course, not over the ocean.

If you can\'t beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
                                -- George Carlin
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.