E300 JFET

At long last I have found the time to devote to making a circuit published in Elektor Magazine in October 1977. I am sure most of you will have your own copies! The problem, simply put, are E300 JFETs still produced and if not, could anyone suggest a substitute? The circuit in question is an Impedance variation detector that I wish to use to make a kinetic sculpture. Thanking you in advance for any help that you can provide.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

E300 N-FET, HF, 25V, IDss>6mA, Up BF256B,C/BF348/BFT10A/2N5397

E310 N-FET, VHF, 25V, IDss>24mA, Up BFT10C/2SK125

Rgds, Jan.

Reply to
J.Koning

"Steve"

** The E300 ( 25 volt, Nch jfet ) was made by Siliconix and appears to be obsolete.

The 2N5486 has very similar specs and is readily available.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reply to
Steve

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. It is very much appreciated. Elektor, whilst being an excellent magazine, was in the early days especially, prone to revising their designs/component values in subsequent editions. None of which I have! Fingers crossed everything will work like a dream!

Cheers, Steve.