Battery based DC motors

I am looking into building a motor controlled lift.

I need it to be portable.

The motor I have in mind may draw 30 Amps under full load.

I have read that a voltage boost regulator is a good thing to have between the battery and the motor.

So, my question is:

Where can I find a 12-14V in, 12V+ out at 30+ amps boost regulator??

Build or buy is fine.

donald

Reply to
Donald

You've misunderstood what you read. Repost on sci.electronics.basics to find out how. Here, all I am obliged to do is to point that a voltage boost regulator wouldn't do anything useful in your application.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Really? Where did you read that? If your battery is properly rated for the load you shouldn't have a problem. I have seen thousands of lift gates out there hooked directly to a battery, lots of vehicle winches too.......

Reply to
James Beck