Fun with Forklifts

moving stuff fast and accurate requires some pretty big forces

visited a pcb facture many years ago looked like the base plate for the drilling machine was basically a +20cm thick slab of granite

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Nonsense. Armchair theorist.

We don't need a loading dock in a pit; imagine what that would cost! And the truck could not have backed up to one without blocking half the traffic in downtown San Francisco.

The forklift guys delivered the green monster to our door in half an hour after we decided that we needed it, for $500.

Precision electronic instrumentation

On a sunny day (Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:00:10 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Beautiful!

Yea, I did not bother, rain here, and seen the pictures in the news. Moon eclipse does not impress me much. Solar a bit more...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

For the really out sized stuff, they just jack up one end of the pallet and shove a wheel set under it.

Yeah, right. If anybody's going to be standing in the way when that thing comes down a 20 degree ramp with four tons of metal on it, I'd much rather it were you than me.

A good-sized forklift is the right tool for that job, for sure.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

.com

et and shove a wheel set under it.

loor. The

ing it up

lthy. Or

l the forklift people they're going to rent you a forklift because it's all they know.

the

after

It's just a platform on a scissor jack, it's light and it rolls around. A 5

-ton capacity is pretty small. But you know more than the manufacturer who specializes in equipment for getting cargo out of big trucks, and has been doing this for some time, not exactly a novelty item.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yup, I have some parts off an Excellon PCB drill. The base was a slab of granite about 1.5 m square and about the same as you mention, 20cm or so thick. The table weighted just ounces and rode on air bearings.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Go Giants !

Martin Riddle

It does take a certain amount of fortitude to work the loading dock...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Go (directly to jail) Niners!

Precision electronic instrumentation