FS: Test Equipment

Hope its not a breech of protocol to post a FS, but the small company I worked for is shutting down, and the owner asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in some of the equipment, for a fair price:

Tektronix 1740A Waveform Monitor VideoTek TSM-60 Vectorscope Leader LVS5850 NTSC Vectorscope HP5316B Universal Counter FA100 Time Base Corrector ESE Blackburst Generator (4 outputs) Several Audio DA's EMP-200 Programmer (parallel port) see Needhams Electronics on the web VLXi-Video Media LAN controller

Not sure how much he wants for these. All are in good condition, seem to work fine. Mostly sat on the shelf for the last half dozen years. I know he won't give them away, but reasonable offers will be considered and I would rather a hobbyist or small business got em, over the big rental places.

Also has a slew of -old- Toshiba, 9" monitors/displays, model 20010. These are open case displays, but we have the sheet metal to mount them if anyone wants to play around with them.

FWIW, AT power supplies, rack mount AT server chassis', and a host of multi output power supplies, in single rack height cases. 12V, -12V,

+5V. One or two in a chassis.

Don't want to clog up the group with details, but if if you have an interest, just pmail me at ewsnet at gmail dot com for pictures, or whatever info you might need. Located in SLC, UT for pickup to save $$ on UPS...

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John

It is. This is a DISCUSSION group. Groups where ads are welcome are not hard to spot. They have words in their names like ads biz forsale marketplace

If you have a doubt, look up the group's charter.

*-*+only-advertise+sci.electronics.design-Electronic-*-*+zz-zz+qq-qq+uu+Discussion

Merely scanning over a few day's posts will show what is acceptable for a group.

Reply to
JeffM

*-*+only-advertise+sci.electronics.design-Electronic-*-*+zz-zz+qq-qq+uu+Discussion

Be that as it may, but i have seen FAs on this NG before...

Reply to
Robert Baer

So, you don't care if the newsgroup becomes so full of garbage that it is useless?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

For whatever reason this group is analogous to the wall around the local dump site. Everyone posts everything all over it and most of the local dogs piss on it.

--
.
.

Maybe you need a newsreader that has a "filter" function.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

*-*+only-advertise+sci.electronics.design-Electronic-*-*+zz-zz+qq-qq+uu+Discussion

But that's the classic enabler.

People post ads or other off-topic junk, and then others use their existence as an excuse to do likewise.

The fact that it happens is not an excuse to let it happen again.

Various people over the years have made the effort to post replies about ads in the sci.electronics.* hierarchy, and it always seems less about the post that gets through but as a warning/reminder to others that ads don't belong. IN other words, if someone doesn't speak up, then someone else will post ads.

The fact that some go by without comment is usually a combination of someone missing it, or the person who took on the task got tired of other people fussing over the warning replies. It's a thankless job, and nobody who tries keeps at it for all that considerable a time.

Though luckily, someone usually comes along later and starts doing it for a while.

Mark Zenier used to post his guid to the hierarchy, ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/m/mzenier/seguide9706.txt and stopped eventually. I recall, and I know he's explained it better in the past, someone complained about his posting the guide.

Cliff Sharpe made an effort of posting warning replies for a while, and he got a lot of flack. Sadly, it's been years since I saw a post from him, on any matter.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Some of you guys need to take a pill. Look around. Probably a quarter of the posts have nothing to do with electronics design. You got global warming, you got politics, ads for free PC phone services, and you got major idiots who have been spewing their stuff for years. Until all you Mary Poppins wannabees start dumping on those guys, I am not really gonna feel bad about posting ONE message about some quality test equipment for sale, that someone may have some use for.

When you moan about ALL the people who are constantly posting nothing about electronics design, you -may- have a point. Until then....your just hypocrites.....

Its usenet. If you have no filters, or no delete key, you need to get into a moderated group.

Until then, leave the self righteous attitude at the door.....

Reply to
John

Why is it that nobody can read? Look carefully; i did not say that.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Thank you for your elegant explaination. And yes, in the "dim" past, i had seen a posting of this NGs ?charter? (sorry, cannot think of a batter term now).

Reply to
Robert Baer

I agree completely. I don't have any problem with genuine FS posts like this one. Those that do are... see above.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yawn. We gave them a whole newsgroup for their spam, isn't that enough?

BTW, I already take enough pills: Three types for Diabetes. Two more for high blood pressure, circulation problems and swelling in my legs. A mild pain killer to dull the constant tingling and pain from nerve damage in my left hand. Add some vitamins, and taking blood samples for the Diabetes and I'm up to 15 or more, per day. Amazingly enough, my doctor doesn't seem to have one for putting up with morons who don't believe in rules.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There is a rageing thread: Re: Jihad needs scientists

And you pissing about a little ad that is on topic !?

take a pill !!

Reply to
Donald

--
No ad is \'on topic\' in this newsgroup, and neither is \'Jihad needs
scientists.\'

How is someone making money from obsolete equipment on topic?

Piss off. That is a cross posted mess that has been raging for some time.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Man, that's a lot of drugs! Don't they say, "Don't do drugs" to our kids? ?:-/ Or, maybe that's "Don't do _those_ drugs, do _these_ ones, that we're getting the kickback for from big pharma". >:-[

How about one for putting up with those who do? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria