Flux Capacitor

If Dave Jones wants to spend a few minutes debunking his maybe-not-as- favorite-now invention, I wouldn't mind ;)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

Nice! Only thing is the formula for reluctance has the magnetic path length and core area variables swapped. In any case, though, everyone knows that the flux capacitor is designed to store _temporal_ flux!

See:

and:

Bitrex

So, in layman's terms, what exactly is a flux capacitor? Something that generates free energy? I read about them, but don't understand the concept. Please clarify.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

I store my flux in more non-temporal fashion. In a pen from Kester :-)

[...]
--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It's BS. Like the claim that transistors were reverse engineered from the Roswell UFO. Despite the earliest transistor patent being 1925

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

It's a McGuffin. There is no such thing, but Doc Brown used one in his DeLorean to make a time machine. See "Back to the Future." :-)

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

reminds me a little like the mercury arc rectifier

Reply to
``ZACK``

I saw one of those working in the science museum years ago - very impressive.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Hey Joerg, If somone hooked up that cap backwards today, what noise would we hear, and how long would we have to wait?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

.uk/- Transcendence UK

Occult Talk Sh= ow

Yes, I heard about that on the late night Coast to Coast program with George Noory. Interesting stuff, but it would seem UFOs would have been using better technology than single transistors. The ICs would have had millions of transistors, hard to extract. Maybe they found a big one on a heat sink and started with that.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

book

Transcendence UK
Occult Talk Show

And it was a BJT made of Germanium. No wonder it crashed. BTW, the Lillienfield patent describes essentially a FET - obvious way to go for a solid state triode.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Probably something like *TUNNNGGGG*

Until about five minutes before you hear the sirens of the approaching fire engines :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Except that was a real device.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

The entire known universe would collapse in on itself and the cycles of time would start over.

How else do you explain Deha Vu?

I dream something that hasn't happened yet, because it HAS already happened in the previous cycle, and the dream is a residual effect of our souls, which endure Universe bubble collapses. Our "known" universe is but a very large bubble (large to us) among many such large bubbles inside God's much larger "Bubble Bag".

(part is my own idea, part is from "Lexx" Time Prophet)

Reply to
The Great Attractor

book

Transcendence UK
Occult Talk Show

I'd rather have a couple dozen or so of these:

Bead condenser (model #: AB-619)

See if anyone can get that one right. Trivia challenge.

Shouldn't be hard if you do a search, but try to get it from memory.

Hint: White Hair.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Precognition? Instantaneous quantum entanglement and backward in time causality? Cramer's Transactional Interpretation?

Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

s-

ll

e.uk/-Transcendence UK

Talk Sho= w

.uk/- Transcendence UK

Occult Talk Sh= ow

Interesting. So, why did Shockley get the Nobel prize for the transistor in 1956 if Lilienfeld did it in 1925? Was he Jewish? I know he didn't like blacks.

During 1925-1928, Lilienfeld developed and patented several devices which would now be referred to as field effect or point junction transistors. Shockly's original field effect transistor patent was completely thrown out and Bardeen's point junction patent transistor patent had over half the claims dismissed due to Lilienfeld's prior work. Lilienfeld's transistor patent numbers are: #1,745,175, #1,900,018, and #1,877,140.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Hadn't considered that! :-) :-)

In the movie Patton they explained it by reincarnation.

Interesting - the precognition in dreams reminds me of a book I read way back when: "An Experiment With Time". I never heard of the "Bubble Bag". Neat for science fiction - and it might be the same idea as some string theorists discuss as the "multiverse". Glad you mentioned it. :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Uh-oh. I think I'm in trouble - I recognize that sound! :-)

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The 'Oh, Shit" gene. ;-)

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!