Flux Capacitor

book

Talk Show

book

Transcendence UK
Occult Talk Show

AIUI they could not get materials pure enough, and also did not understand the principle of doping

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Purity is especially important for FETs, which was later developed theoretically as surface states.

Ironically, FETs are easiest to make right now, since the construction is so simple and pure silicon is readily available.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Yup, it is usually followed by other sounds. Best case a loud *THWACK* somewhere in the hallway, in the circuit breaker box. Worst case the whoosh of fire extinguishers and the sound of sirens ... :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

So nobody knows what a bead condenser is!? Ha!

Y'all dopes got all these gadgets around and you don't even use them.

TVs are meant for watching, not merely buying to hang on the wall.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

as-

ll

e.uk/-Transcendence UK

Talk Sho= w

The red ones, yes?

I *have* white hair, which partly explains how I know which Island the reference is from.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

book

Talk Show

As long as your brain is not sprouting out of the top of your skull, you'll gain acceptance among the gullible dopes that populate this planet.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Your knowledge of interociter parts is superior.

Archie > As long as your brain is not sprouting Archie > out of the top of your skull, Archie > you'll gain acceptance among the Archie > gullible dopes that populate this Archie > planet.

Proving yet again that you are a sociopath, Archie?

Reply to
Greegor

Pure fiction

"flux capacitors" were an essentianl part of the time machine in the motion picture "Back to the Future" and it's sequels. there is no basis in actual technology.

see also: "retro- (and turbo- ) encabulator"

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

I thought there was some kind of relationship of space and energy. The universe expands using energy to create space, so maybe there is a way to capture space and create energy in reverse. The result would be less space and more energy, if you get the idea. I think it's called "zero point" energy. So, I thought the flux capacitor might be doing something along the same idea.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Yabbut, that doesn't change the fact that a resistor capacitates flux ;-)

Tim

-- Deep Friar: a very philos>

I thought there was some kind of relationship of space and energy. The universe expands using energy to create space, so maybe there is a way to capture space and create energy in reverse. The result would be less space and more energy, if you get the idea. I think it's called "zero point" energy. So, I thought the flux capacitor might be doing something along the same idea.

-Bill

Reply to
Tim Williams

Old engineering rule - if resistance is futile try capacitance

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

-)

.uk/- Transcendence UK

Occult Talk Sh= ow

Yes, but if we connect a charged 1 farad cap at 1 volt to a discharged

1 farad cap, what will the resulting total energy be?

If Q=3DCE the charged cap has 1 coulomb of charge and energy of 1/2 CE^2 =3D 1/2 Joule.

But when we connect the 2 caps in parallel, the charges will equalize so each cap has 1/2 coulomb of charge. So, from Q=3DCE or E=3DQ/C we find that E is only .5/1 =3D 500 millivolts for each cap. But if energy is

1/2 CE^2, then the cap energy is now only 0.5 * 1 * 0.5^2 =3D 1/8 Joule. And the total energy of the 2 caps is 1/8 Joule times 2, or 1/4 Joule. Where did the other 1/4 Joule of energy go?

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

book

Transcendence UK
Occult Talk Show

Inverse zero point energy sinks, of course. Probably with quantums.

--
Dirk

http://www.neopax.com/technomage/ - My new book
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

book

Transcendence UK
Occult Talk Show

Jouler's tax.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

x ;-)

e.uk/-Transcendence UK

Talk Sho= w

Bill Bowden

book

Talk Show

Even though I like joulery, I do not own any. (I own one diamond, but nothing I wear)

My watch probably uses a couple joules every so often... Nothing like the old watches though.

I like how joules glimmer.

Once I find out who the most whimsical cartoon character of all was, I'll generate a new nym in his honor. :-)

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan