Fluorescent Fixtures

Slowman has a long way to go to get as smart as a quarter of a twit.

Reply to
krw

more, less

Reply to
krw

more or less

Reply to
M Philbrook

Another failure of perception on your part ...

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw is even dumber than Dan, as he reminds us remarkably frequently.

Once krw has stored an observation in his write-only memory, there's no way of correcting any initial misapprehension he might have made, and he misapprehends a lot.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or another failure on your part to recognize sarcasm.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

You'd like to think that you were being sacastic, but you really don't achieve anything that could be described as "bitterly cutting or caustic". Yet another failure of perception on your part.

If you had ever actually been to Harvard, you would probably have been exposed to people who could manage real sarcasm, and might have developed a proper grasp of what the word means.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So you are saying you can not recognize sarcasm unless it is " bitterly cutting or caustic ".

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Have some fun in life. Get one of these. :D

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

[snip]

Back some 50+ years ago when driving on Arizona's remote highways was a bit of an adventure I helped a friend install aircraft landing lights on his '64 Mustang... light up the world for a couple of miles ;-) ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

I don't even like a step stool anymore. I have enough trouble, just walking with a cane. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Shame about the comment at the end relating to the electricity bill. The writer should have checked that, instead of making assumptions.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

$4/hr, assuming $0.20/kw-hr, right?

Who knows, maybe the author enjoyed having a bonfire in his room for a few hours or days :)

(how did he get the house wiring to provide 100+ amps of current?!)

Reply to
mrdarrett

Of course it was just a closing crack. What's that $4 an hour (more like a buck-and-a-half in places where leftists don't rule).

Reply to
krw

achieve anything that could be described as "bitterly cutting or caustic". Yet another failure of perception on your part.

exposed to people who could manage real sarcasm, and might have developed a proper grasp of what the word means.

cutting or caustic ".

No. I'm saying that you might have been aiming at sarcasm, but didn't come anywhere close.

What you posted was mere abuse, and of a rather low quality at that. That y ou can imagine that it might be characterised as "sarcasm" is pure wishful thinking on your part. You do seem to be inclined to quite a lot of wishful thinking. The claim to have gone to Harvard (as student) seems to fit in w ith that.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Jamie is a good deal less than coherent at the best of times - and - judging from the kind of nonsense he espouses, no expert judge of coherence in the first place.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

are incorrect, but - unlike you - what I do post is more or less coherent.

Krw doesn't understand coherence. Either an opinion is one that he shares - and thus it is correct and coherent, no matter how asinine - or it's one t hat he doesn't share, in which the person who posted the opinion is wrong, and has to know that they are wrong, and is thus lying.

This avoids all that tricky fact-checking and those pesky tests for interna l consistency. It would work better if krw knew a bit more about the world.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The claim to have gone to Harvard (as student) seems to fit in with that.

It fits right in there with your claim of having a Phd.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

You made sure not to overload the poor little magneto? :)

Reply to
mrdarrett

Hell a Phd aint ntohing, around here you can rent those for as long as you need it!

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook