Input-referred Resistor Noise Question

Suppose I have an OpAmp (a behavioral model ;-) that has a gm=1 driving a load resistor R, thus the voltage gain=R

Thus am I correct in assuming that the input-referred noise from the load resistor, R, is so low as to be ignorable, thus I can avoid having to use a noiseless resistor model as the load?

Am I correct that, in this case...

VN_input-referred = 0.13/sqrt(R) nV/rt-Hz ?

For a 100K load, thus gain=100K, VN = 411e-6 nV/rt-Hz ?? ...Jim Thompson

             I'm looking for work... see my website.

The 1-Hz noise of a 60.4 ohm resistor is 1 nV and 16.5 pA, so your numbers don't appear to be right.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(and the 1-Hz shot noise of 3 uA is 1 pA)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Looks OK to me. It's just the open-source noise voltage of the load resistor divided by the gain. Utterly negligible, even at Arizona room temperatures. ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Indeed ;-) ...Jim Thompson