Flat earthers are crazy

you have a ref for that?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Most of them were smart enough to say that they accepted the prevailing ort hodoxy. Newton and Spinoza didn't.

To be anti-religion is to take religion too seriously. Rabid fundamentalist s are dangerous, but they are rare, and the regular religious don't have mu ch time for them either. Agnostics have the right attitude - anybody can be lieve what they like, but if it isn't evidence-based it doesn't get taken s eriously.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Just killfile Slowman. He's just a dried up, unemployable, old communist with nothing to offer.

Reply to
krw

They don't count the dead >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

On "performance on levels of health" - 5th column - Cuba ranks 36th, the USA 72nd.

On "overall health system performance" the 6th and rightmost column - Cuba ranks 39th while the USA is just ahead at 37th.

Over the other four columns the US ranks first on exactly one - spending per capita. On the others it varies from 15th, 24th and 32nd.

It's 15th on "attainment of goals" which means that it spends much too much money tackling the wrong problems.

You could have found that out for yourself.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

and so-o-o-o-o easy.

Reply to
krw

Their hinge has already snapped.

Reply to
krw

On Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 11:37:04 AM UTC+10, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote :

ote:

ly

at

not

US

ntry.

pprentice". Admittedly, he came across as the same sociopathic narcissist t hat he was as a candidate, as is as president, but some people don't find t hat worrying, which is the implication of the claim that there no such thin g as negative publicity - at least not for the kind of audience that includ es krw.

Krw is as inaccurate as ever. I am not, and have never been, a communist. I read Orwell early enough to realise that communism was a perversion of soc ialism.

I may not even be unemployable, though finding a job at 74 when you haven't been able to get yourself a job in fourteen years isn't entirely easy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw does seem to find it easy to invent irritating allegations. Getting them right is a little beyond him.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yes, I know. Facts are not as important than the seriousness of the charge, right?

Reply to
cameo

Who, me? Observational sciences produce great observations. But not testable theories. So entire "observational sciences" can be very, very wrong for a very long time.

I like electronics because we build things, and we soon find out if they will work or not.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

The adjusted data may well not be accurate. And the normal state of the earth is ice ages, with the occasional spike of warming, which we bask in right now.

The next ice age will kill off most of the critters on Earth. More CO2 and a couple of degrees warming will probably be net beneficial to life.

We need more satellite records to spot long-term temperature trends. That will take a while. Unfortunately, global temperature seems to be very noisy at all time scales, and the CO2-to-warming causality can't be experimentally tested.

So relax and make yourself useful: design some electronics.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Disagree. It's easy and boring. They don't think and don't matter much.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

rote:

.org

.com

these are more than simple, benign accusations. If you have to hire a lawy er to defend yourself against an accusation, either you're guilty, guilty b y association, hanging out with the wrong crowd, or very unlucky. And the last one is not even in the running in this case.

The charges wouldn't be being contemplated if there weren't a few suspiciou s facts around to inspire them.

"Emails released earlier this month show that the president?s son, Trump Jr, accepted a meeting Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in June 2016 expecting to receive ?incriminating? inf ormation about Hillary Clinton via the Russian government. The email chain had the subject heading ?Russian ? Clinton ? privat e and confidential?."

The Guardian may be a little too left wing for your taste, but the whole of the main stream media has reported the same facts. Mueller finds them, and a bunch of other facts, interesting enough to be worth continued investiga tion.

Who knows what he will find?

-spiro-agnew

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yours, obviously. Design something. Show us.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Electronic designers just solder parts together. You can do world-class, breakthrough electronics right out of the Mouser catalog. It's all there, in plain sight, no exotic alloys needed.

The problem is that the number of circuits that you can assemble from that catalog exceeds the number of protons in the universe.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

But you need a design concept before you can estimate its feasibility. That's where the magic is.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Bad reasoning ability will usually result in bad engineering. But

*design* is not an act of intellectual reasoning; quite the opposite.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That's the argument of the thousand monkeys at keyboards. They might create some great books, but someone has to judge what's worth or not. Just soldering components together randomly will not get you a solution to a design problem by itself in a reasonable time span. You bring up ideas and evaluate them, test them against e.g. the laws of physics. I remember some colleagues working on a tricky power supply problem. They came up with some ideas and tried to get them to work without success. After looking at it shortly I asked how they think to get an output of 25W when the input was limited to 15W. Physics just said no.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to

As they say, on a funeral the doctors follows his mistakes.

--
Reinhardt
Reply to