Flat earthers are crazy

Accusing is not the same as convicting. Anybody can accuse anybody else.

Reply to
cameo

te:

rg

om

of

ally

that

hy not

he US

ountry.

Apprentice". Admittedly, he came across as the same sociopathic narcissist that he was as a candidate, as is as president, but some people don't find that worrying, which is the implication of the claim that there no such th ing as negative publicity - at least not for the kind of audience that incl udes krw.

on substance, particularly when you notice that a crooked property develop er is an integral part of the swamp.

their families. This isn't normal. And don't blame the media. Trump and co. are being accused of some hefty crimes. The media can't make that up.

Just the fact that these accusations exist and Mueller was hired means thes e are more than simple, benign accusations. If you have to hire a lawyer t o defend yourself against an accusation, either you're guilty, guilty by as sociation, hanging out with the wrong crowd, or very unlucky. And the last one is not even in the running in this case.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Lefties live in a world where anything they make up becomes the "truth".

I simply attribute that to narcissistic ignorance.

...Jim Thompson

       Antifa's war cry, "No Trump, no wall, no USA at all!"
       Victory for Antifa would be the destruction of society.

             -Hector Morenco (@hectormorenco) August 28, 2017

Raise your kids your way, and hope they don't grow up sociopaths.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

One neat way out is to attribute everything (the entire universe and its functional mechanisms) to God. No conflict.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The flat-earthers are pulling your chain, and you're falling for it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Leftists simultaneously want to control everything but don't understand how things work. The result is a slippery slope of unintended consequences.

They should all move to Cuba or Venezuela or North Korea, where everything is nicely controlled.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

ote:

org

com

of

ually

that

why not

the US

st

country.

e Apprentice". Admittedly, he came across as the same sociopathic narcissis t that he was as a candidate, as is as president, but some people don't fin d that worrying, which is the implication of the claim that there no such t hing as negative publicity - at least not for the kind of audience that inc ludes krw.

t on substance, particularly when you notice that a crooked property develo per is an integral part of the swamp.

their families. This isn't normal. And don't blame the media. Trump and co. are being accused of some hefty crimes. The media can't make that up.

I didn't know Trump was a lefty.

Here's a good one: "We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jo bs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered em ployed."

lse/

Any idiot knows that nearly THIRTY PERCENT of the total US population isn't unemployed.

Reply to
lonmkusch

ow they,

s should

who, in

without

riously

g the

tinguish

one

those

ople

ople

se in

nt 10

bolic,

is on

ed

tem

by evidence to be considered.

to be plausible, then they deserve contempt.

theories which have little to none, yet a subgroup of people continue to b elieve them, e.g. vaccines causing ASD, non-existence of manmade climate ch ange, a flat earth, evolution deniers, etc.

But I'd get ridiculed, and rightly so, because despite essentially all of us never setting foot on the moon and seeing it ourselves, there's mountain s of evidence against it.

believes to be true. I wasn't claiming anyone ever believed it.

n a flat earth are more likely to be inventors, that's ridiculous.

in; those people are not necessarily any more creative than anyone else. S ure, they're creative for coming up with explanations as to why the earth i s flat, but their theories are full of holes. I'd say if anything, their u nderstanding of physics and trust in science is sorely lacking.

So.....are you pulling everyone's chain about manmade climate change being a hoax? I found plenty of posts by you claiming the data doesn't show it.

See, these subjective, blanket statements don't always work.

Reply to
lonmkusch

only

a lot of people in the US who like to make up their own theories against w hat is generally established as fact. I think #1, while inane, is mostly h armless. The problem with #2 - #4 is those people try to push it into poli cy such as education and energy, which affects more than just them.

. One can be religious, have their beliefs, worship as they wish, and not affect others.

KE".

years

nt

igious

ment

an afterlife, and attend church once in awhile. But I'm not in favor of ab ortion bans or gay marriage bans because I feel each person should have tha t freedom. And as for that intelligent design crap, that's just religious z ealots trying to dumb down the education system. Evolution and Creation ar e compatible with each other. Who's to say a higher power didn't guide evo lution; what's important to everyone is to understand the science behind th ese events/processes. But they don't seem to understand that.

Like this guy who doesn't understand the female reproductive system, yet wa nts to ban abortion?

Or Trump claiming you can get medical insurance for $15/month for the rest of your life while trying to get rid of ACA?

Or Trump implying that NATO doesn't fight terrorism, while trying to get ou t of it or change participation in it?

That's for sure.

Far left is no better than far right. Well maybe slightly, but both are un desirable.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Pulling lefties' chain is so-o-o-o-o much fun >:-} ...Jim Thompson

       Antifa's war cry, "No Trump, no wall, no USA at all!"
       Victory for Antifa would be the destruction of society.

             -Hector Morenco (@hectormorenco) August 28, 2017

how they,

ls should

who, in

s without

eriously

ng the

stinguish

yone

those

eople

eople

rse in

ent 10

rbolic,

e is on

is

me

ned

stem

ou

d by evidence to be considered.

rs

to be plausible, then they deserve contempt.

g theories which have little to none, yet a subgroup of people continue to believe them, e.g. vaccines causing ASD, non-existence of manmade climate c hange, a flat earth, evolution deniers, etc.

. But I'd get ridiculed, and rightly so, because despite essentially all of us never setting foot on the moon and seeing it ourselves, there's mountai ns of evidence against it.

believes to be true. I wasn't claiming anyone ever believed it.

in a flat earth are more likely to be inventors, that's ridiculous.

ain; those people are not necessarily any more creative than anyone else. Sure, they're creative for coming up with explanations as to why the earth is flat, but their theories are full of holes. I'd say if anything, their understanding of physics and trust in science is sorely lacking.

I'm sure it is, when you're delusional. By this same logic, the manmade cl imate change deniers, moon landing deniers, and anti-vaccine people are als o pulling everyone's chain.

All four "alternate theories" run counter to evidence overwhelmingly demons trating otherwise. All four claim a conspiracy/coverup. And people believ ing any of these vehemently discount anything proving them wrong.

You gotta wonder who's chain is getting pulled.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Depends on the definition.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

ee.org

il.com

t.

bal

d.

art of

but

usually

ing that

t, why not

to the US

least

he country.

"The Apprentice". Admittedly, he came across as the same sociopathic narcis sist that he was as a candidate, as is as president, but some people don't find that worrying, which is the implication of the claim that there no suc h thing as negative publicity - at least not for the kind of audience that includes krw.

ant

hort on substance, particularly when you notice that a crooked property dev eloper is an integral part of the swamp.

and their families. This isn't normal. And don't blame the media. Trump and co. are being accused of some hefty crimes. The media can't make that up.

se.

jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."

/false/

n't unemployed.

Oh please. I shouldn't even have to explain this one. But repeating such a large number made Trump feel important I suppose.

Reply to
lonmkusch

Only in your eyes is there no solid research.

We don't have a complete explanation of everything and likely never will but that doesn't stop science and scientists from looking ever more deeply at nature and experimenting to test predictions to breaking point. We get a closer approximation to the nature of reality every time which necessarily includes all of known science as a limiting case under simplified conditions. The trick is in finding cunning experiments where present theories break down - it is a feat rarely done.

Michelson-Morely for instance that scuppered the ether drift models.

We have pushed things to ever more extreme conditions some of which cannot be replicated on Earth so we have to rely on astronomical observations and interpretation of things which just happen.

The origin of life for some time has looked like a series of autocatalytic reactions involving initially simple amino acid chains and then RNA strands that became ever more complex over geological timescales. It may yet be testable and reproducible in the lab although I suspect something clever will need doing to collapse the timescale.

There are plenty of testable theories. The problem at the moment is that computer simulation of consciousness is presently beyond our abilities to test but there is already good evidence that it will arise an emergent behaviour in a sufficiently complex network.

It is possible to make conjectures even when there is no perfect theory and then test reality against it. You can never in science rule out the possibility that tomorrow someone will demonstrate an experiment that turns what we think we know on its head.

Quantum mechanics and relativity was the last time this happened we a due another paradigm shift. I'm not that keen on string theory but...

I'd be inclined to say a tidy desk is unnecessary.

But some basic sense of what is physically possible to deliver and what requires fundamental laws of physics to be violated is important.

Dreaming up a solution that relies on unobtainium to function is easy but not at all useful for an engineering solution.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Until it snaps...

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.

They go for over unity! ;-)
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

evidence to be considered.

Hazardous area detected. There are truths out there for which what many acc ept as evidence has not been gathered, yet there is other evidence. Medical treatment has many such things.

the idea that we know it all is fundamentally very foolish. Most people tha t consider themselves intelligent are into it nonetheless.

e plausible, then they deserve contempt.

with respect that is total illogic. There are masses of things we don't yet know. When the correct ideas pop up, and we don't yet know if they're corr ect, why would contempt be appropriate or even sensible? It makes far more sense to simply take things for what they are, ideas that are possibilities not yet proven or disproven. Plenty of foolishness results from the irrati onal desire to dismiss truths.

I'd get ridiculed, and rightly so, because despite essentially all of us n ever setting foot on the moon and seeing it ourselves, there's mountains of evidence against it.

yes, which does not argue for the point you made above.

poor reasoning ability

meone chooses an alternative theory that doesn't hold water doesn't make th em any more creative or a better problem solver.

plainly it makes them worse at problem solving

to. Take the flat-earthers: they have "other ideas", believe NASA and gove rnments are lying to them. I've never personally seen the earth from space , but I know it ain't flat.

We're all lied to all the time. It's a weak excuse for stupidity.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Surely the only sensible approach to an uncertain world is to assess each piece of knowledge and apply a figure of probability to it being correct. So many people I've met seem to fail to grasp that such a thing is even an option. Why?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

[...]

Techically speaking, nobody is accusing Trump and his team of any crime. It is suspected that they might not have been as careful as they might have b een, and certain potential wrong-doings are being looked into. The Trump te am has lawyered up, but nobody has been actually accused of anything.

He's right, but the narcissistic ignorance involved is mostly Jim's.

It's not "lefists" who claimed that the crowd for Trump's inauguration was bigger than that for Obama's.

--
Bill Sloman, sydney
Reply to

[...]

The left differs from the right in being willing to accept that what used t o work isn't necessarily the right way to do things now. They are prepared to spend money on finding out how things actually work, which the right isn 't.

John Larkin - as a rightist - finds that the left doesn't agree with him on how things work. As a rightist he - like krw - finds that this is convinci ng evidence that they don't know how things work, whereas it's more likely to reflect the fact that John Larkin doesn't know how things work now.

The slippery slope of unintended consequences is more of problem where the right keeps on applying old solutions to new problems, as in the war of dru gs, and declines to notice that their preferred solution isn't working , an d hasn't been doing anything helpful since the 1930's.

Cuba has roughly the same national health statistics as the US, so they do have something under control. Venezuela and North Korea are failed states, as opposed to left-wing states.

Leftists tend to move to places like Canada, Scandinavia, Germany and the N etherlands, which aren't failed states, and score better than the US on a w hole range of measures.

most_Always_Do_Better

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to