Firefox Bookmarks

Your ignorance is showing again. You create the HTML with that code so you can use a browser. If you are too lazy or too stupid, then you create shortcuts to litter your desktop.

Once again, you have no reading comprehension.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Where did I say they do?

If you can't navigate it with Java turned off, time to check your computation machine.

Again, good manufacturers and vendors try to live with what the corporate world provides. Not what it should provide. Then there are others who won't and consequently miss sales opportunities left and right. Then, there are those who are smart enough and contact people who reported difficulties with their site. NXP has done that, with me and others, and their site is now magnitudes better than it was last year. And no, not because of me but because they sat down and did the necessary grunt work to de-clutter it from too much fluff.

You are right, Java Script can be made secure. And I think we both agree that IE and OE aren't necessarily the cat's meouw. Yet the reality is, many do not allow Java Script and many, if not the majority, runs IE and OE.

I generally do not.

Tell me, what exactly is the _tangible_ benefit?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You haven't paid attention to what I wrote. I wrote that Word (older versions, to be exact) can jump hyperlinks and other programs cannot. You can demonstrate all sorts of complicated workarounds but none comes even close to that performance.

If you know what a wiki is you should know why this is important.

You seem not to understand that I do not wish to have fluff on my web site. What is it good for?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

It would be interesting to see how many companies that don't enable Javascript on their internal machines have a web site that uses Javascript. :-)

If you were in charge of Apple, you probably wouldn't be allowing Adobe Flash on iPads either, right? :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Good point. I bet there are some. Usually companies don't go quite this far but those in sensitive businesses or stealth-mode start-ups do. They typically don't have much of a web presence or none at all, and reside in unmarked buildings. No company logo or anything above the entrance. Heck, some aren't even in the phone book.

Probably the mere mention of the idea could get one fired there :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

DigiKey seems to have thousands of pages, all directly addressable with URLs. In fact the links can easily be (copy the DigiKey P/N from the selection page) put into spreadsheets (BOMs). I really don't care how it works behind the scenes. It may be boring, but it's useful.

Reply to
krw

Just imagine you wouldn't be able to share Digikey links with clients in this day and age. There are companies that know how it's done (like Digikey or ON Semi), and then there are some that don't know.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Excel. I use it for new parts in BOMs.

Reply to
krw

They use style sheets to maintain the 'Look & feel' of the website, and javascripts to sort displayed data. A CMS (Content Management System) website built with Joomla or something similar has all the information in a MySQL database. That allows you to add or deleted information without modifying & testing every affected page.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep. And coincidentally that is part of the same MS-Office package that also contains MS-Word. But Excel isn't so cool to write wiki pages or a web site.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Did you know that you can drag a tab from one opne Foxfire browser page to another? It comes in handy when something opens a new window, and you want to keep everything in one instance.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't recall ever having a page open another instance of FF. I *rarely* have more than one open at a time.

Reply to
krw

I've had over 150 tabs open at once, while looking for information on a project. Sometimes you click a link to a page and it opens a new window. They use html code like this:

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

create

I'm sure it's happened, I just don't remember it. Have you checked out FF beta 4? It allows grouping of tabs, which should fix your "150 tabs open at once" issue.

Reply to
krw

create

you

as

I'll wait for it to come out of beta. :)

You can slide tabs where you want them in firefox, but a new tab opens immediately to the right of the current tab. Unlike Google Chrome, which opens at the far right side. Also, Firefox can be set to switch to a new tab as soon as it opens, but I don't see that option in Chrome.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tools => Options => Tabs => Open new windows in a new tab instead

Reply to
Nobody

Yes. I did that when I installed it. It creates a new tab, then you have to click the new tab to view it.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Check "When I open a new tab, switch to it immediately."

Reply to
JW

I looked at every option when I installed Chrome and didn't find that anywhere. That's why I rarely use it anymore. I wasn't really impressed with Chrome, and had to uninstall it from one computer the same day, because nothing worked properly after it was installed.

Firefox has that option and I use it one every computer I set up.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell