Autocad dwg to gerber converter?

I've got a bunch of old drawings done in Autocad (stored as .dwg format) that we need to convert to Gerber format. Anybody have recommendations for an inexpensive converter program or service?

TIA - Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Find someone with CAM350, I believe it can import non-gerber stuff and spit out gerber. It's $750 if you wish to purchase.

Our PCB guy may be able to do it. I'll email his contact information.

Martin Riddle

Send me a email THEN I can send his contact info.

Thanks

Reply to
Martin Riddle

CAM350! YES! Company owner who did all the cad work previously before turning it over to me, did it mostly in Autocad. He's now largely retired and doesn't even have CAD on his computer anymore. I vaguely remember that he had a copy of CAM350 with a dongle. I'll check to see if he will transfer it to me.

I've gotten so accustomed to using Eagle now. It has a built-in CAM processor. Then for a separate check before release, I use GC-Prevue from Graphicode. I'm running the free package which does little more than view files. For $495 (which I haven't been able to get), you can convert from DXF to gerber. Would need one of our autocad guys to convert from dwg to dfx for me.

Thank you for jogging my memory. A blessed Christmas and New Year* Oppie

  • if Christmas is not your thing, feel free to wish me otherwise. It's time we stopped secularizing religious holidays in the interest of political correctness.
Reply to
Oppie

There used to be many routines to do this conversion. I have not used this one but you might want to take a look before spending lots of money:

Amen!

Merry Christmas to everyone.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hmmm... Tried it and it gave me results, just not good ones. Had tried an autocad DXF file and it gave all the polygons a virtual wedgie. I'll play with it a bit more after the holidays. Had found several "freeware converters" that turned out to be just demos and not the real deal. Didn't even try to install them.

All the best, Oppie (aka Bob Oppenheimer)

Reply to
Oppie

Oppie Inscribed thus:

Draftsight will do that for free !

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

A Blessed Christmas to you, as well.

It's well past the time for us to pull the plug on life support of Political Correctness. May it rot in hell. :)

Michael A. Terrell

Thank you! I'll check it out. The Sonnet DXF to Gerber converter did not run properly with the files I tried it on.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

I thought at first that Draftsight would export gerbers. It does not but it will save files in a number of formats. Perhaps one of these formats will work better with the Sonnet DXF to Gerber converter.

Draftsight's print interface is more intuitive than Autocad TrueVue (which is a screwy viewer). It's going to need some more play time.

Reply to
Oppie