FIFO with integral shift register

I'm trying to remember, aren't there some nice large FIFOs that have an integral shift register on one end?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hmmm, there are USARTS with built in FIFOs - same difference?

--
Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."

Sure, they're called FPGAs. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Winfield,

If you mean parallel in and 6dB shifts at the output, couldn't the Russian abacus calculators do that?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

"Winfield Hill" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com...

The original Fairchild made such with shift registers on both the input and output, but I suspect they have been gone for 20 years.

Tam

Reply to
Tam/WB2TT