FIFO with integral shift register

I'm trying to remember, aren't there some nice large FIFOs that have an integral shift register on one end?

    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill
Loading thread data ...

Hmmm, there are USARTS with built in FIFOs - same difference?

Luhan Monat (luhanis 'at' yahoo 'dot' com)
"The future is not what it used to be..."
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Sure, they're called FPGAs. ;-)

Reply to

Hello Winfield,

If you mean parallel in and 6dB shifts at the output, couldn't the Russian abacus calculators do that?

Regards, Joerg

formatting link

Reply to

"Winfield Hill" wrote in message news:

The original Fairchild made such with shift registers on both the input and output, but I suspect they have been gone for 20 years.


Reply to

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.