Parallel in - Serial out shift register

Could some electronics guru please provide some ideas/hints to my problem. I am trying to implement a parallel in serial out shift register, and having problems with implementing the serial read out part. Consider a four bit parallel in serial out shift register, and let the following word be stored 1 1 0 1. At read out time, at the end of the first clock period, 1 should appear at the output, followed by 0 at the end of the second clock period and so on. My question is how do I generate the sequencing pulses to achieve the shift. I have experimented with a barrel shifter, but have not been very successful. Any hints/ideas would be valuable. Thanks in advance for your help.

Reply to
Daku

Well, you load it in with the parallel load enable, and clock it out with the shift clock.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Look up the 74165.

G=B2

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

On a sunny day (Sun, 10 Oct 2010 20:27:16 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Daku wrote in :

I think you can use some D flopflips and clock everything at the same time. if those have a set-reset input you can parallel load the chain.

74[[HC]T]74, 2 in a package.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

--
No, the serial output will go high as soon as 1101 is loaded into the
device.

Dig out the schematic of the "classical" Parallel in - Serial out shift register (TI as made at least a dozen (million) of them..

Reply to
Robert Baer