fence protection

[...]

... and tell him about the rattle snakes and mountain lions.

As much as I'd like more company on the I-880 in the mornings, I don't think it is fair to not to warn people of the dangers. Anyone who thinks crab grass is a bad lawn weed, should google on "poison oak".

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

In article , wrote: [...]

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you that there is corruption in politics. The are inept too.

Are you sure that isn't a river somewhere?

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

either

like

Is

chain up

up

They

able

on

in

choosing

maniacs,

I think my dates are okay. Dubya got to be president in January 2001, and while the the Enron shares started declining from that point, Dubya didn't actually wash his hands of Lay until quite a bit later in the year. Lay managed to cash in some of his access in the meantime. Molly Ivins and Lou Dubose's "Bushwhacked" (ISBN 0-375-71311-5) devotes chapter 11 to the subject. You should try and stomach your distaste for the Molly Ivins style - the factual content is revealing.

----------- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Those are just the big names and obvious targets of the prosecution; the real problem is the multi-billion dollar per industry with the big law firms creating all kinds of legal structures for these people to skirt around the *intent* of the law. How many big law firms have been snagged in this investigation that you know of? The answer will be none. The Gonzales token was a *partner* in a big Houston law firm by the name of Vinson & Elkins whose primary business was organizing all sorts of evasion and deception strategies for Enron. No one is even questioning the tax loop hole exploitation, this is something that needs major reform, but Congress will NEVER do anything to hurt that money-maker; they are questioning the so-called SPE, or Special Purpose Entities, structured by the big firms for no other purpose than to shift around revenues and losses so that the corporate financial statement can be legally (mis) represented to investors as something other than it truly is. This is exactly what the Attorney General of the United States was working on, his bread and butter profession. It is probably safe to conclude that quite a few "partners" in that Houston den-of-crooks law firm should be defendants too.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

[snip]

Looks like you must be a leftist weenie with his head up his ass. The Enron scandal started before "W" was inaugurated and then fell apart during W's first year...

But maybe you think W's election was the cause ?:-)

For sure looks like Lay, et al, were trying to grease the skids, contributing to "W" in hopes of leniency. Sure helped didn't it ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

You had better recheck your dates. Enron hit in 2001. "W" year 1 or 2. You might want to recheck your info, as the legislation was exactly as the energy companies demanded.

--
JosephKK
Reply to

That is part of the picture, the repugnocans pillorying and attempted impeachment of Clinton was also part of a larger architecture to dismantle all restraint on megacorporations. Much of which was started in the Reagan era. Repugnocans are no real friend to small business, only to megacorporations. Democreeps are not the friend of small business either.

--
JosephKK
Reply to

The collapse of the Left Coast is a not due to Republicans ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I just read recently that there was no "attempted" impeachment of Clinton - he was impeached, plain and simple. The thing that people miss is that "impeach" simply means to bring to trial, which they did, and he was acquitted, which means that the court found the charges to be untrue. The Repugs seem to neglect that little fact when they trot out "Clinton's Impeachment."

Cheers! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to

Knot Here!