Hello Kernel

Hi,

I would like to pass commands from Shell and check the information exchanged between different routines in Kernel Space ? Other than printk , Is there any tool / method to do that ?

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

I am using linux 2.4 kernel.

Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru

Reply to
karthikbalaguru

Let's step back for a moment. What is it that you're trying to do? I don't mean "check the information in the kernel being passed from shell commands" - I mean at a higher level. What problem/issue are you trying to solve where you think you need to do this?

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Ezekiel

Look at procfs (the virtual files in /proc) some of which are now supposed to be in sysfs (/sys) under 2.6 kernels.

A number of kernel modules will create status files in one of these places that you can view to see what they are up to. You'd have to examine them to see how they do it. The spi mmc card driver does this for example.

Reply to
cs_posting

copy_from_user()?

---Matthew Hicks