Favorite BJT transistors, sot-23 and TO-92 equivalents - I

[snip]

The only ice I care to see are the cubes in my drink ;-)

It's just after 8AM here... COLD, 55ºF :-) ...Jim Thompson

On a sunny day (Wed, 03 Feb 2010 07:02:53 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

The Dutch word for that is 'ijspegels'. I have never seen bended ones like that :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"John Larkin" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I would prefer a cute girl rather than a FET on that Island what's the FET without soldering iron and for the girl you don't need a soldering iron don't u?

Reply to
Ban

Only if you're into extreme kinky ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, my wife grew up in Boston and never saw curvey ones like that. The bigger ones get wide and flat and curl enough to touch the windows.

Neat. Not a BJT in sot-23, but neat.

John

Yeah, it does that. I get confused about where you are at - Mostly (& company) seems to be SF, where I somehow doubt this picture is taken, but you mentioned Charlemont once when burning brush while using wi-fi. That seems more likely for this picture. Just over the mountain with the hole through it from me if you are there.

Ecnerwal

No, this was taken at the cabin in Truckee. The snow depth on the ground was 49" this morning, and there's another big chain of storms on the way.

Your mountains have holes?

John

Yes. Really straight holes. This one has a pretty side, and an ugly side, and those people on the pretty side are idiots, since large things still fill the hole on a regular basis.

Ecnerwal

And he signed off on the design review. ;-)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Congratulations. "N" has done a good job of keeping you in line, all those years. :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Cool. I like tunnels.

Here's our equivalent in the Sierras:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_Donner_Lake.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_sign.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_Tunnel.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_inside.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_jeep_inside.jpg

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/CW_snow_shed.jpg

What's especially neat is that if you know where the entrance is hidden, you can drive through the tunnels and snow sheds. That's The Brat's jeep in the pics.

John

On a sunny day (Wed, 03 Feb 2010 10:54:23 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

That is beautiful.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The road (Donner Pass Road) is part of the old Lincoln Highway, the first auto road that went coast-to-coast.

Damn, Wikipedia knows everything!

Lake Tahoe, about 15 miles away, is also beautiful. The surface is at

6200 feet, and it's about 1600 feet deep.

John

I've never seen it that pronounced. Neat.

A few years back many roofs were collapsing in VT after a 3' snowfall on St. Valentines day, another 2' a few weeks later, in addition to the frequent 2-6" storms. There isn't often a melt between Christmas and April, so what falls tends to stay.

Unless the roof is metal, it shouldn't avalanche off. The roof should stay cold such that it melts top down. Most roofing material is rough enough to keep it from sliding.

Reply to
krw

It's metal, and pretty steep, just about 45 degrees. With the amount of snow we get up there, avalanching is a Good Thing. The record for around here is 819 inches of snow in one season.

John

jelly-bean

available

Thinking about those some more, is that the windward side of the house?

Metal is good. Steep is good. Warm is not good. OTOH, 45 degrees (12:12 pitch) isn't all that rare by today's standards. This house has a 15:12 pitch (no way I'm going up there). OTOH, the VT house was

9:12 front and 2:12 on the rear shed dormer. The snow worried me a few times when we were in that house. Not so much in this one. ;-)
Reply to
krw

The college has me teaching in Truckee this semester, and I'm here to tell you going home over the hill to Grass Valley at night sharing the road with the 18 wheelers in blowing snow gives a whole 'nuther meaning to the word "fun".

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

What, don't you appreciate the scenic Runaway Truck Ramps?

We'll be up there most of next week. I could buy you a beer at The Lodge or something. Email me

jjlarkin atsign highlandtechnology period com

John

=20

And i thought i was hard core, telneting a news server and logging in for= =20 verification purposes.

Reply to
JosephKK

And then there is a pair of my old faves

2n5680 (pnp) and 2n5682 (npn) 100 V, 1 A useful as a modest power amp.
Reply to
JosephKK