Favorite BJT transistors, sot-23 and TO-92 equivalents - I

Ok, then just make it a "bonus delivery" of ideas :-)

Oh, Winfield: Please mention in your book the fact that there are newsgroups such as this one if people get stuck, need circuit ideas or want to help youngsters. Most people who buy the book nowadays don't have the foggiest what Usenet is. When I bought my AoE way back when I did not know sci.electronics.design either.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I've been around here so long I started out reading and posting using TIN ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I did let off a few posts back in the early 80's using a service called "Datex" but I have no idea whether that forum was related to Usenet. You had to go into the basement of a university building. Then you had to find someone with a key to the computation machine room who was able to fire up the machine with all them blinkenlights. There were also a few Juki card punching machines.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Jim Thompson wrote: : I've been around here so long I started out reading and posting using : TIN ;-)

Amusing, I'm posting this from TIN right now. I thought it is a pretty modern newsreader, at least the university used to provide some other programs in the past years.

Regards, Mikko

Reply to
Okkim Atnarivik

As far as I can tell, TIN is still maintained, and quite up-to-date.

I used it on dial-up, (IIRC) early '80's. ...Jim Thompson

Jellybean NPN - (prefix) 2222A PNP - (prefix) 2907A RF NPN (prefix) 5770

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

I still like the 2N3819 N-channel JFET. I used it in an audio preamp I built as a hobby project around 1970, and I used it in an analog programmable-gain amplifier I designed around 1985. It's still available from Mouser for 10 cents each, and is still made by Fairchild.

Also, it's first on the list of devices in LTSpice!

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one jfet, it would have to be the BF862. Gm is 45 mS and noise is 0.8 nv/rthz. There's nothing else like it.

John

Big deal, I was just browsing this newsgroup from a TCP/IP terminal.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

You've been around so long that you witnessed the invention of tin. ;-)

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:57:26 -0800) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

I have a lot of BF245, only about 6.5 mS, but very nice to have around. If I was to stock up on MOSFETS I would get more IRLZ34N, low voltage on, high current, avalanche protected.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Not quite. Wikipedia says tin plating has been done for "hundreds of years".

I'm still young (at least of mind):

I turn the big 7-0 at the end of this month (actually 17.5 birthdays ;-)

The end of March, "N" and I will celebrate the big 5-0 anniversary! ...Jim Thompson

Jan Panteltje a écrit :

On a desert island that would be a nice feature to protect you against tsunamis.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

You're right, better throw in some IGBTs for the tidal generators!

TIm

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Yeah, hide behind a grounded gate.

John

Tell me, how did they first make bronze? ;-)

I believe that would be the fist of next month (isn't that the

*official* birthday?).

Long time. June will be 39 for us.

Reply to
krw

pinch-off=20

fuel=20

or=20

I=20

=46amily time, then "N" and you time. Have a lot of fun.

Reply to
JosephKK

Cool...

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:08:52 +0100) it happened Fred Bartoli wrote in :

I had a litte avalanche here today. been snowing and ice-snow, sort of wet snow, after that. Lots of snow on the roof. This moring the nearby church bells sounded, and the sound triggered an avalanche from the roof! Very interesting effect:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

As the snow creeps down the roof of our cabin, it curls over the edge and does this...

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Bent_Icycles.jpg

which I thought was pretty weird. But I grew up in the South, where there are no icicles, so it may be common. And I'm easily amused.

Our building codes require flat structures to handle 400 pounds of snow load per square foot, so roofs tend to be steeply peaked.

Every now and then the whole mess on the roof avalanches off onto the ground (and any objects nearby.) That can get noisy.

John