Faulty Chinese generators....

ans make

because

sy

obody

away

Yes, my generator's live. They won't even take at look without the $200. Extortion applies to man and property.

Reply to
linnix

rpose

So, can't use standby power on the left side of my backyard?

Anyway, that's not really the issue. It's siting on the right side of my backyard, next to the pool pump.

=A0It's

So, put me in jail and the jury in hotels.

Reply to
linnix

Here in the U.S., most jurisdictions recognize the concept of an implied warranty for "fitness of purpose". That is, if someone is selling a product as being suitable for a particular purpose, it must actually *be* suitable for that purpose.

In these jurisdictions (most states in the U.S., I believe) this sort of implied warranty coverage is presumed (as a matter of common law) to be included in any sale or service contract, unless explicitly disclaimed by the seller as part of the terms-of-sale.

In some jurisdications, sellers are *required* to provide a warranty of a certain minimum coverage, when offering a specific sort of product or service for sale. For example, here in California, anyone offering a pool-replastering service must warranty the replastering job for 3 years.

Dave Platt

As viewed from the front or back?

If a member of the jury is stupid enough to swear in court, he may join you. I

*highly* doubt that they'll sequester the jury in this case; the jury goes home, you don't.
Reply to
krw

make

Nope. Not extortion at all.

Reply to
krw

oney

=A0

ust

purpose

Doesn't matter, just a figure of speech.

on. =A0It's

ou. I

Well, yes, of course. I will only do that if and when senior managements and corporate councils are here. It's a threat to extend their vacations from cold dark Wisconsin.

Reply to
linnix

ermans make

om

st because

lousy

r is

d nobody

et away

ree

umb

al

I probably have the wrong term. What the right term? Blackmail or Greenmail?

Reply to
linnix

Probably a bearing on the crank shaft.

Would a car dealer fix your car for free if you didn't change the engine's oil in time? 200 hours of use for a generator is similar for driving a car well over 16000 miles. I'm afraid your generator died because of lack of proper maintenance.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Yeah, I'm not sure that you've been told the truth. I see nothing about that in my warranty. Checked the warranty papers that came with my neighbor's Generac standby, too. Nothing like what you describe.

What I suspect is that the dealer called the manufacturer and came back with a different story than he was actually told.

I did not sign the warranty contract before the

Reply to
D. Peter Maus

Per Rich Grise:

All the discussions I've heard about the German economy seem tb predicated on their economy being among the world's leading exporters. Am I hearing wrong?

--
PeteCresswell
Reply to

serve in a

rs

pump

0

fter

the

rry,

5

Page 30, item 5 of Owner's Manual.

Most likely because the manufacturer refused to pay for his travel time (50 miles away). But that's not my problem that the dealer 10 miles away refused to service this model. At this point, i do not want to deal with this manufacturer or any of their dealers.

Reply to
linnix

to serv=3D

pump

fter

the

Sorry,

I changed oils after 10 hours and around 120 hours. Yes, it's almost time for another change and dealer tune-up (at 200 hours or 1 year). They should come look at it with or without problem anyway. Charging $200 for the first service call is ridiculous. Seems like these generators are built for 200 hours per year. So, i should be entitled to at least 2 free service call. However, the two years warranty is not contingent on hours. If they insist on hours, why didn't they have a timer on board? Perhaps they do. They are watching us.

Reply to
linnix

purpose

Wooosh!

Have fun in jail.

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:21:05 -0700 (PDT)) it happened linnix wrote in :

I will tell you what happened to me some years (many) ago. I changed ISP, and this new ISP had all sorts of great promises. I had to authorise them to write money of my bank account every month.

Well, noting really worked, those promises were bogus, their help desk was 1 Euro a minute and had no clue, so was more expensive than the whole subscription, looked like they were making money with the helpdesk.

So first I called them, and told them I was terminating the contract. That did not work. Then I wrote to them registered mail, that did not work, they kept writing money from my account. I asked money back over the period things did not work, that did not help. I went to my bank and asked them to book things back, that was not possible. I contacted the consumer organisation (consumenten bond) I was a member of at that time for legal advice, and they gave me very specific legal advice. I followed their legal advice, it turned out to be totally wrong. So I quit my subscription to that consumer organisation. Then, what to do? I took the whole correspondence, went to the police station I think the US guys say went to talk to the sheriff, he said "OK", took the phone, called that ISP, and told them: "This is the police in such and such place, we have a criminal complaint here, can you explain to me why you did this this and this?"

30 minutes later things were settled, I later I got my money back. Must have scared the sh*t out of them.
Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Why would you allow automatic withdrawal from any company who you might have a disagreement with (that said, I have DISH automatically charge a CC)? Why didn't you just close the account at the first whiff of trouble?

Reply to
krw

On a sunny day (Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:58:16 -0500) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in :

Some of these guys require that, else they do no business.

Well, these things take time, month, before you find out their stuff is a complete disaster. Many phone calls, endless trying, promises. Correspondence also takes time. Took quite a bit before I got really fed up with it. Same as with KPN telco (no longer with them), almost impossible to get rid of them, and after I did say goodbye they kept phoning with 'a good deal'. Told them I went to the competition, told the lady with some luck we should talk again when she worked for the competition. She did not believe me, next week they fired several thousand, time warp is very powerful. Same as some local paper I stopped, last Saturday they phoned me again, probably trying to get me to take a new subscription. I told them: 'We have nothing to say to each other'. Also told them that with internet etc we need no newspaper.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Don't forget Cummins (USA), and Perkins (UK)!

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

That's what sacrificial accounts are for. ;-)

If they can't cancel, over the phone, cut them off from the well. A shit company will always be a shit company.

I get lazy, too. Fortunately, these things are rare.

I love it when they get theirs.

Some time back a newspaper just started delivering to us. I didn't want the leftist rag (all Gannetts are), even if it was free. It just meant that I had to pick the damned thing out of the mud. Some months later they called asking why they hadn't been paid. Yeah, right! My bet is that some wizard in circulation made their numbers with "free" subscriptions.

Reply to
krw

serve in a

Don't know about you but i can hardly drive 80 mph all the time. I average something more like 30 mph, not much freeway driving. Even with freeways much of my driving is during "rush hour" and often not above 40 mph average.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

to serve in a

hours

pool pump

100

fail after

from the

=A0Sorry,

with 5

car

have

nothing

It may be more fun, easier, and less costly to drag the local dealer into small claims court, if your state has such.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk