Chinese chargers, tested and majortiy found faulty

Hi

Guess this did not come as a surprise, but that most chargers on the marked from china are lethal is worrying:

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

from china are lethal is worrying:

They are almost all made in China, including the good ones. It's the counterfeits that are no good.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

from china are lethal is worrying:

It's shocking how bad most Chinese electronics is. All those CE marks are bogus, and the shiny solder joints make me skeptical about the ROHS labels. It should be illegal to sell that stuff in most civilized countries, but as they say, CE means Can't Enforce.

We resell Samsung USB power supplies with some of our boxes; they are very good.

The cheap Chinese LED light bulbs are like the cheap CFs: they die young.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

** The only strong correlation with quality and safety is with PSUs that are bought on-line from dealers in China or Honk Kong etc. Most a very poor in both respects.

If you chose buy one that way - then YOU are the legal importer and YOU are legally liable for the safety of the unit.

Big example of " buyer beware ".

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I doubt it.

Take a very close look at one next time. How close are the C and E? Compare to known good hardware. The EU logo has a horizontal distance equal to the inner radius of the "C" (minus line width). The other doesn't (horizontal space about a line width).

So what the hell is the 'narrow CE' mark?

China Export. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

"Tim Williams"

** You sure are SOME KIND of f****it - pal !!!!!!!

** FFS - the CE marks are * BOGUS * because the units do NOT comply !! -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI:

Compliance with CE also means full electrical safety compliance as well.

This became Euro law with the Low Voltage Directive.

Plus in most countries ( including Australia ) such items are " proscribed " so they must have certification from a registered testing lab prior to going on sale.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison"

** The term is " prescribed' of course.

eg:

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Unfortunately true. See: I prefer "Crap Equipment" or "Cheap Electronics".

If you look at the few CE logos found on the first URL at: the only real CE logos visible are #4 and #9 which are two of the four models that the author considers worth using. Most of the others do not have any logo. Only #7 appears to be a "China Export" fake logo.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

A better comparison of the real CE mark and the "China Export" clone:

--

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2013 17:11:32 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Klaus Kragelund wrote in :

from china are lethal is worrying:

Well it is actually more for .. Anyways this is fun too:

:-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It's obvious the UL listed charger (first one?) isn't really a UL listed charger ;(

The plastic shield mention on one, probably mylar or some other 94v-0 material is legit to use to meet requirements. The writer made it sound like it was unorthodox.

I try to avoid Chinese stuff, and instead prefer Taiwanese/Japan manufactured goods, they are light years ahead in quality.

Martin Riddle