Faulty Chinese generators....

Why didn't you buy a Honda generator?

John

id'.

.

Do they have NG generator? Links? I will need a replacement.

Reply to
linnix

e each

h 'Stupid'.

bber

winding

the

ter

ugh the

t,

s out.

r this

What is the definition of power outage?

The only time it was on for more than 5 hours was during the 10 hours Arizona power blockade of S.CA. Otherwise, i ran it for the pool pump one or two hours every day or other day. It was 200 total hours, 100 cycles over 5 months. I did not know it was engineered to fail after

100 cycles and void the warrenty. By the way, i brought it from the AZ dealer of Generac. I guess nothing good come out of AZ. Sorry, had to rub it on JT.
Reply to
linnix

upid'.

ng

.

em.

But i want to run on NG. I paid $1700 for the Generac 8KW. Are there conversion kits for NG?

Reply to
linnix

Such as the Craftsman riding mower that I bought used several years ago. Made in USA. Powered by Briggs & Stratton. Used weekly about

6-7 months out of the year. I have replaced the blades a couple of times and the battery about a year ago. Otherwise, maintenance is changing oil and filters, sharpening blades, new spark plug yearly. I have a spare set of belts (drive and blades) but haven't yet needed to replace either of them.

I also have a Craftsman self-propelled walk-behind that's probably 10+ years old. I replaced part of the drive mechanism several years ago. Maintenance is changing oil, replacing air filter, replacing drive belt, sharpening blade, new spark plug yearly.

It's all about who can make the widget cheapest and sell it for less. WaMart wants suppliers to give them better prices each year to keep their product(s) in the WalMart stores. For one-time-use things, cheapest may be most economical, such as a drop cloth over an old bookcase while painting a room - if some minimum level of protection is adequate, the under $2 drop cloth may be fine. For covering funriture being moved in the back of a pickup, I'll opt for something sturdier- the cheapest possible covering will NOT survive the trip.

There are also the "new" gadgets that people don't know are old ideas resurrected. Example: the Subaru ad touting their "hill holder" - take your foot off the brake and the car won't roll back while the clutch is in. The hill holder was introduced on the 1936 Studebaker, so it's most defintely NOT new.

Reply to
news

Not that I know of, but there are options:

1) This company will sell you a conversion kit:
. If you don't feel like taking on that project, they will sell you a brand new already-converted Yamaha unit with a factory warranty. I love Honda generators, but think that Yamaha generators are at least as good as Honda. My little bit of experience with that company has been good. 2) A Google search will find companies that who sell you a Honda-POWERED natural gas generator. Caveat emptor.

Vaughn

Reply to
vaughn

'Stupid'.

winding

Well, it wasn't engineered to fail after 100 cycles. But it does look like you've got a valid complaint.

You may want to take this higher up in the company. Satisfaction is possible, if you're persistent enough. The local retailers often count on the fact that most people aren't .

By the way, i brought it from the

Reply to
D. Peter Maus

designed in the western hemisphere, made in china ...

who asked low price stuff?

http://shortwave.tk
700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations.tk
300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages.tk
Reply to
marc

uce each

we

ith 'Stupid'.

rubber

d winding

er the

arter

through the

see

s.

it,

to a

r is out.

lk for this

n a

Yes, i will take it to the top. Few years ago, i had a dispute with Walmart's associate. I send one letter to the store, Got one phone conversion with the district manager. Ten months later, i send one RSVP to Sam. We, including the judge, were so disapointed not to see Sam there, not even his associate or council.

I guess i will have to RSVP Aaron Jagdfeld, CEO of Generac.

Reply to
linnix

It may vary by model, but Honda small motors are made in China. Even their lawn mowers are made in China. I my old Honda Mower (about 20 years old) by a local shop that knew the old Japanese engines. The thing didn't actually fail as much as I put in stale gas that clogged it up. But I got the thing refurbed and it certainly is better than anything made in China.

Regarding the comment on Yamaha, my understanding is they still made their own motor, which is why the Honda inverter generator sales have gone to Yamaha. The 2nd from the bottom of the line model has a cast cylinder sleeve and is claimed to be a real work horse.

Reply to
miso

It's possible that the Generac generator has components Made in China. It is also possible that the starter shown in this thread is the same model as mine. I have not disassembled it yet, unless compelled by court. However, a picture of this broken starter could be submitted as evidence.

{Waiting for motion to suppress evidence: inflammatory, irreverence, hearsay, etc)

PS: removed shortwave and added legal group.

Reply to
linnix

it.

That does not relieve the assembler, importer and/or retailer from warranty obligations. Generac never told me i was buying Chinese.

Reply to
linnix

Vaughn

Reply to
vaughn

I have a Honda ..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

They used to have fake DOT stickers to put on motorcycle helmets, and they were perfectly legal! There was no law against making your own DOT sticker and putting it on any helmet you wanted to wear. ... You could wear a French Beret and it was legal if you had a DOT sticker on it, and you could make up your own DOT stickers. That's why I hate stupid, unenforceable, liberal laws. All they do is waste the taxpayers money.

Reply to
Bill Graham

nch

up

It's not a problem with the law, but problem with enforcers. There are laws against false advertsments. Who is going to sue helmets makers, the dead guy? Don't expect the government to do your job, they are for shows only. The Better Business Bureau is better for business. The only thing that work is the court, despite appointed judges. Jury is the only thing that work. So many bad companies and so little time to sue.

Reply to
linnix

Don't know about that... but one reason I'm leaning to the Yamaha products is some of their inverter units use the "starting battery" (for those that have electric start, of course) to provide some additional capacity to handle the starting-draw current.

afaik they're the only ones. I'd love to hear about others...

		     dannyb@panix.com
danny burstein

upid'.

ng

.

em.

Residential Standby Generators Rated 200 AMP Whole House

.

Reply to
RHF

That's nothing.. I had a friend two blocks over.. newly installed Generac standby. (propane).. throw a rod after operating for a just few hours during Hurricane Wilma. It took them 8 days to get a replacement motor. (their power was out for ~16 days)..

Meanwhile, My 2200 RPM 2.5Kw Diesel.. ran for 10(5 in am, 5 in pm) hours a day for 13 days, no problem, finally used up most of my 6 year old diesel fuel(~18 gallons).

Reply to
T. Keating

each

'Stupid'.

ber

inding

the

er

gear.

lug

rfeit

n them.

ople

o be

.

- They are Generac reseller. =A0

NAH they have Kohler and Briggs & Stratton too...

- These are for standby only.

-=A0Don't ever try to use them, stupid (customers).

Normally 24/7/365{-5} we have Gas and Electric; plus a Solar 11 KW System -so- 'Standby' is good :o) .

Next-Up here is a Water Driven Turbine for

24/7/365 Electric Power

Have to Creeks : One with a 30 Foot Drop {Head} and Rated at 50% of Flow Using a 4 Inch Pipe; and #2 with a 15 Foot Drop {Head} and Rated at

50% of Flow Using a 2 Inch Pipe; .

another

Reply to
RHF