excellent virus rant

And have servants and staff to look after them on the superyachts, in the private jets and on the tropical islands, who do seem to infect them with all the infectious diseases that the poorer classes have managed to acquire.

There are reasons for adopting universal health care, and coping with epidemics of various sorts is clearly one of them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Thank you for reinforcing my point.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin doesn't seem to have thought about anything except electronics for a very long time, and he doesn't think very hard about electronics either.

Custom-designed transformers are in the "too-hard" basket. That's an emotional response, though he does try to rationalise it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

And there's now an example of why CD's random claim is bullshit. It is so simple and obvious that even he might be able to understand it...

The prime minister said Starmer ?is right to draw attention to the appalling statistics not just in this country and but of course around the world. I would echo what we?ve heard from Prof David Spiegelhalter and others that at this stage, I don?t think that international comparisons and the data is yet there to draw all the conclusions that we want. ?There will be a time to look at what decisions we took and whether we could have taken different decisions.?

However, a few hours later Spiegelhalter, tweeted: ?Polite request to PM and others: please stop using my Guardian article to claim we cannot make any international comparisons yet. I refer only to detailed league tables-of course we should now use other countries to try and learn why our numbers are high?.

I don't know about the US, but in the UK requests marked as "polite" are fighting words.

Tom Gardner