EU lead-free directive

IEEE code of ethics? I'll just have to look that one up. Basically, if a client wanted a 'marital aid' with 'midi in', I would just quote them the cost to make a 'working prototype'.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm

Threads have a way of wandering around, from my recent experience here.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

We used to be governed by Brittan. You know what our solution was!

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

The car batteries are supposedly recycled. The last report I've seen though suggests partly otherwise. There was valley in serbia or so having a train station and the purpose of the valley was to dump lead acid batteries. They threw them off the train into the mud. Squarekilometers of batteries in the mud. Somewhere at the bottom of the valley there was a hut where a few men melted the lead with open flames. Yep, a decade or so ago. But they made good money and worked to everyones, aka our exporters, interest, so I assume this business is still running.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

"Peter" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

It's laws and directives on one side, and people and companies not (fully) complying with them on the other side. It has always been that way. So you can take a risk, pay a fine if you get caught, and probably a very damn small one, if you explain your situation. Soup is not consumed as hot as it is prepared.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'invalid\' when replying by email)

Thanks, I have never seen that. Looks like how I work anyway. Except the 'bribery' part. We needed the use of a TV studio once, but the engineer didn't work weekends. So we scheduled 4 hours studio time on Saturday, paid for the studio time, and slipped 2 nice crisp $100 bills to the engineer. He says 'any time guys'.

Sometimes the wheels of capitalism work better with a bit of lubrication.

--
Luhan Monat: luhanis(at)yahoo(dot)com
http://members.cox.net/berniekm
"Any sufficiently advanced magick is
indistinguishable from technology."
Reply to
Luhan Monat

Peter schrieb:

Exactly. And particularly these are one of the exceptions, and will be used without any change.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

Peter wrote: [...]

Not really, considering the usually responsible way used up batteries are dealt with, and the usually convenient way used up electronics are dealt with.

Reply to
Bryan Hackney

What do you make of:

"Applications of lead, mercury, cadmium and hexavalent chromium, which are exempted from the requirements of Article 4(1)...

  1. ? Lead in high melting temperature type solders (i.e. tin-lead solder alloys containing more than 85 % lead)"

Why would they make an exception for solder that has over double the lead of that most commonly used for electronics? Does this mean that if producers of electronics can find a way to use 85% lead solder, they are exempt?

Reply to
John Popelish

Well, I think we all pretty much know the drill - "They" are ignorant dupes, and "We" are the custodians of Truth. ;-P

--
Cheers!
Rich

  There was an old woman,
  Who lived in a shoe,
  Who had so many children,
  Her uterus fell right out."
Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko

Hello Bryan,

Car batteries yes. Mostly. But what about those things with sealed lead acid batteries in them?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

That's why you kill-file anyone who disagrees with you, while polluting this group with hundreds (google counts 8780 with author= rich*) you don't have to see your silly face in a mirror. What a frrappin' maroon!

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Barry,

Doesn't open that a door to another interpretation battle? Even a die can be mechanically divided with a dicing saw. So if that won't count as being separable, how about potting up the whole thing?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Jim,

I believe it's not "and a PE" but "or a PE". Meaning that people who work in med may be better off without PE since you can't get insurance anymore.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Of course, as part of the fee, you'd demonstrate the 'instrument'?

--
  Keith
Reply to

Ok, it fair to shoot your mouth off at left-pondia's politics, but not the other way? Gotcha.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Hello Jim,

True. But there were times when it was proven and then it was off to Club Fed.

Yes. However, all these license boards don't seem to understand that there are by now several fields of work where PL insurance simply isn't available anymore. "Decline to quote" was the usual answer. When talking to them it seemed that checking the "med" box has the same effect as disclosing a prior stroke or something like that on a health insurance application. So it seems that as a PE you can have a legal obligation to carry insurance but can't get any.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Luhan,

The academic title isn't too important. What counts is who called the shots. With a PE that can be different because they can stamp and seal. Doing that on any piece of documentation carries a great responsibility. Then again, so does the action of any engineer who is bound by the IEEE code of ethics (but that doesn't count in a legal sense).

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

This is especially so under some EU and UK legislation. It is also the reason why engineers need to keep their own log-books (you do don't you).

Not necessarily on his own though. After all, the management should have ensured that their procedures and process did not rely on just one person's say-so for decisions on safety aspects of a system or product. We are, after all, now supposed to be completing a full risk assessment on all our products before we let them loose on the world. That does not mean that all products will be inherently safe but what risks remain in the product are identified, brought to the attention of the purchaser so that he knows how to safely use the product.

Paul E. Bennett ....................
Forth based HIDECS Consultancy .....
Mob: +44 (0)7811-639972
Tel: +44 (0)1235-811095
Going Forth Safely ....EBA. http://www.electric-boat-association.org.uk/********************************************************************
Reply to
Paul E. Bennett

You brought the issue up. I, for one, was willing to leave it lie.

--
  Keith
Reply to