engineer fuel

Wow, I really set you off. I live in Java Center NY, about 30 miles SE of Buffalo. (More cows than people in the county.) I really enjoy the local food when it is in season, Strawberries early in the summer and then my fav' corn in the late summer. I buy the corn only from the farmer down the road. He picks it fresh every day, and if I drive by on my way home and there is none at the stand he'll go out and pick some more for me! And that just can't be beat. I've tried putting in a few small gardens, but haven't put in enough effort to make them really work.

"(I don't love doing car work, but I also do most of

Hee hee, I have a '82 Nissian 'farm' truck (it doesn't go on the road). I got it for a song ($400) from a machinist at Vanderbilt. It came with the transmission sitting on the front seat, broken 5th gear. It was a lot of fun ripping it apart and putting it back together. My pride and joy is a '49 Ferguson TO-20 tractor. It sat in the garage for 4 months after I bought it, while I learned how to re-build the engine.... (It was leaking water into the oil.) I'm 'in heaven' mowing the trails in the summer time, Genny* in one hand and the other on the wheel, as the barn swallows swoop and dive about me. (Eating the bugs I stir up.)

George H.

*Genny is short for Genesee the local beer.
Reply to
George Herold

Well, I got out of chickens in December, and finished off the last eggs (from early December) last week. When the micro-flock was moulting, I've had up to 3-month old eggs (refrigerated, of course) that were fine - not indistinguishable from fresh ones, but not much different from what you get from the store - no trace of rotten or off, just old and large air sacks. As far as I recall from other research, the freshest you'll ever see in most stores is about 3 weeks.

Then again, the micro-flock was hatched from the nano-flock (any smaller and there would not be any eggs that hatch) and it turns out that carefully handled eggs stored at room temperature with a certain degree of care and daily tilting are plenty fresh to be incubated and hatch out chicks (had to accumulate enough to bother incubating - did a bit of research.)

I was perfectly happy to see them go to someone else that wanted to do some more serious chicken-raising. Getting them through the winter is a fair bit of work without a barn or large coop.

Ecnerwal

While visiting Trapeze networks a few years ago, I happened to notice their kitchen area, which contained about 10 jars this size, filled with various types of bulk candy. The brain needs lots of carbs.

Reply to
Bob Monsen

6 no-doz tablets?
Reply to
Bob Monsen

And they seem to still be in business!

John

Do they still make it? I always used to buy 30-packs of Genesee Cream Ale and Genny Red, and once in a while I found Genesee Bock, which was by far my favorite. But first they discontinued the Red, and then the Genny Cream disappeared. For a while they had just plain Genny Beer and Genny Light, which were OK, but then the liquor store said it was no longer available. Maybe special order, but only the Genny Red and the Bock would be worth it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

Typical engineer/programmer diet - coke, chocolate, pizza. Loads of sugar, carbs and caffeine. Probably the best commonly available brain stimulants.

These days I have to cut back on the junk nibbling, and supplement on occasion with Modafinil.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Ah, Genesee Cream... certainly the most popular brew at my alma mater (RIT) which isn't surprising since the college and brewery were not far distant from one another.

The brewery has been through several sets of corporate hands over the past decade or so, and a couple of name changes... they were renamed "High Falls Brewing Company" in 2000, and then back to "Genesee Brewing Company" in 2009.

It looks as if they're regularly brewing several different beers under their own brand name (including Genesse Cream Ale), and brew honey-brown, pale bock, pale ale, porter, wheat, and IPA under the Dundee brand label, plus some seasonal beers (including Genesse Bock). No red, though, as far as Wikipedia shows.

Dave Platt

When you are having as much fun as I am learning to make all this work and enjoying the results, that can happen. :)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

I sure hope they don't get their water from the Genesse River.

John

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in news:Q2Yhn.21846$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe17.iad:

Genny is well regarded as the "Green Death".

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Genessee tastes like it - no purification needed.

Reply to
krw

Not quite 2 decades since i was 40 and i am the friendly local chocolate=20 pusher at work. Good stuff only.

ate.s600x600.jpg

Reply to
JosephKK

This

plate.s600x600.jpg

Could you point to some documentation?

Reply to
JosephKK

Do you run it on kerosene?

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Battery acid!

I'm well over 40, and I've never been able to stand them.

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

Ditto all around. A serious circuit design can run through a half dozen dark Ritter Sport bars and half a pound of Peets coffee beans.

John

But intraveniously is excessive.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

t.

Yeah, "Hogan's" (The hole in the wall Deli/minimart/country store) that lives at the bottom of my hill stocks the regular, light and I've also seen 30 packs of Genny Cream. (Everyone's first beer in western NY.) So they are certainly still making the Genny Cream. They are also brewing a pale ale at the same Rochester brewery that is not bad... though the name escapes me at the moment.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

le

ar

eam

,

e.

it.

Where else? The Genesee goes through Letchworth Park, which is beautiful. Come in the Autumn.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold