Electronic Dragonflies

It's dumb... It's useless... but some may find it pretty.... It's the fake flapping bug to put in your house..

$44.95 for an electronic dragonfly!! Too expensive if the cat gets to it...

Glow in the dark flapping butterflies.

Huh.. An electronic bug business. I didn't see that coming..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

But do they actually fly?

And I'd be +10dB more impressed if they also caught and ate mosquitos while flying, like the real ones!

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

house..

butterflies.http://www.entomon.net/glow-butterfly-moth-and-giant-firefly.htm

If that company made fake meganeura, I'm guessing it would be too scary and lead to low sales.

2.5ft wingspan!

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Might look good on your back woods shack though. Scare away tresspassers while removing any rodents.

Somewhere in the annals of rec.crafts.metalworking there are pictures of a gigantic housefly someone built. Very simple construction, some wires, sheetmetal and paint. A couple feet across, it made a striking impression on the garage it was perched upon -- much bigger and you'd think it's going to fly away with it!

Ohh- not as hard to find as I thought it would be. Here it is:

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

house..