E Waste Recycling, Electronic Waste management At Exigo Recycling Plant

Exigo Recycling is an emerging name in the world of e ? waste recycling t echniques, using the most sophisticated techniques for electronic waste man agement techniques to recycle and re use the old waste components. Our init iative is meant to preserve the natural resources by recycling the waste el ectronic products which would otherwise become a hazard to the environment. Contact us at

to help us in our initiative b y helping in the collection of the waste electronic components or reach us through snipped-for-privacy@exigorecycling.com .

Reply to
Exigo WasteRecycling

Kind of late to the party, eh? :> Most communities have established "hazardous waste" (of which e-waste is considered) programs already in place. Many stores will accept electronic devices for recycling. Some places even require "deposits" on electronic gear at the time of sale. Larger firms (e.g., think hundreds to thousands of workstation seats) often have arrangements with local recyclers to remove their surplus/obsolete equipment usually receiving cash for the items removed -- in addition to handling some of the messier items ("Gee, what should we do with this 30 pound jar of mercury?")

BTW, absolutely *love* the "Recent News" on your web site! Not exactly ready for prime time, eh?

Reply to
Don Y

Some of those recyclers are really missing the boat. In a bin full of 'junk' computer stuff, I found 2 brand new full size clicky keyboards, ready for the crusher. They had AT connectors, but that was quickly remedied. This is the best recycling I can think of. Been happily typing on it for four years now.

-Tom

Reply to
Tom Hoehler

recycling

nk'

and scrap electronics contains lots of gold, I think a scrap cell phones has something like 30 times more gold per ton than the ore miner use huge m achine to dig up

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

If you've ever been to one of these places, your eyes roll when you see all the kit that gets tossed -- usually for simple "problems" or just "routine upgrade cycles" (18 - 36 mos).

I've probably saved several kilobucks just on *cables* that I've rescued over the years! :<

Reply to
Don Y

Hmmm... didn't realize it was that high! Probably because phones are so (relatively) small. E.g., I think the recycle value of a generic minitower is O($7) -- but, there's lots of "sheet metal" in that lot (which I think runs $0.01/pound) and plastic (which has a net NEGATIVE value -- as it must be removed).

Unfortunately, lots of the stuff mixed in is toxic (e.g., cadmium, etc.). You can't *give* away CRT's! :-/ (actually, CRT monitors and TV's you have to pay if you want to dispose/recycle them. O($20) for a modest size tube -- considerably more for the huge bottles!)

I think batteries are a mixed blessing. Some easy to recover metals from, others no so much so... (and, always a fire hazard)

Reply to
Don Y

They're located in India... pretty sure they're not after U.S. business.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:24:11 -0700 Don Y wrote in Message id: :

Save your money. Best Buy will take them for free as long as the CRT is

32" or less.
JW

...and feed the Chinese with parts to be re-branded and put back into the component system..

Reply to
Robert Baer

I watched some scrappers take care of a big CRT television in the alley.

they wrapped the TV in a bed sheet, then took a sledgehammer to it.

the took the metal chassis, throw the plastic back in the dumpster, then folded up then bedsheet with the glass and heaved into the dumpster.

they were nice enough to sort of sweep up too.

they did a great job.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Wow! That's worth knowing (though I don't have any "CRT " anymore)!

Thx!

--don

Reply to
Don Y