DT: Hollywood versus Los Allamos: You cannot call your Teraflop computer 'Road runner'.

On a sunny day (Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:33:32 +0100) it happened Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in :

I had the C/80 C compiler, it was 8080 based, and only had an 8080 assembler. So, tio program for the Z80 i had to create the instructions, that were new to 8080 in the Z80, with 'DB XXX Here a piece of old code, note the

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

boots from a 32KB EPROM

Can you really be so retarded as to think that such a small chunk of code can actually be compared to the millions of lines of code that get utilized in a modern system?

Come back when you actually know how to use what few brains you may have.

Reply to
HiggsField

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Jun 2008 05:07:35 -0700) it happened HiggsField wrote in :

boots from a 32KB EPROM

The issue is that hose million[s] lines of code do nothing [but keep you waiting]. Once it is up that is when it is usable.

What MS dummies like you have not figured out, is that the issue is: What does the system do, and not what does MS say is best for you.

Vista does not have anything that any basic OS with a TCP stack does not, except a lot of checks to see if nothing more effective got installed :-) The rest is up to the applications.

Little kids (say your range to 5 years) like pictures and touching on those. A bit older ones (once you get to of kindergarten) prefer a text based interface. So you can speak to your computer in English. Once past puberty they also learn not to use too offensive language in postings, but many die before that of various Darwin award worth things they try.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:09:53 -0700) it happened HiggsField wrote in :

boots from a 32KB EPROM

waiting].

So, really, well if if had actually followed the relevant thread in this newsgroup, then you would know that these days one big mobo manufacturer apparently listened to their buyers, and has Linux is FLASH, so the PC boots in a few seconds in Linux, and then presents a nice choice of net based applications. Vista victims must be wondering if a need exists to exit that, and start the bloat MS product to do the same, slower, with viruses, worms, and trojans. Asus expects to use this on all mobos in the future, already ships a million a month like that now.

My suggestion (I terminate this discussion) is that you take notice of this, I

*do* know what I am talking about, actually wrote 2 OSses. MS software was not written to provide the user with the functions he wanted, but to make as much money as possible from the suckers, and keep competition away.

The first very clear sign was when win 3.1 ran on top of MSDOS, and Digital research came out with DRDOS, and then I had win 3.1 running on DRDOS 6.0

To keep competition away, MS then removed the command line interface in win98, and integrated the whole thing, destroying an essential feature in the process. What happened after that is well known, and finally the people rejected Vista. Win 7 will be Vista with touch screen support, so you can reject that too.

Linux rules, see this link:

Jan Panteltje

boots from a 32KB EPROM

waiting].

newsgroup,

listened to their buyers,

and trojans.

month like that now.

*do* know

but to make as much

research came out with DRDOS,

and integrated the

Vista is the new ME. MS must be hoping that 7 will be the new XP

--
Dirk

Remote Viewing classes in London
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

That would be the ACME brand computer.

I think you left the stove on.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

So they'll be sued by Microsoft?

The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR BUFFERS!!!
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.