DS1102E just orderd

en

the

I had a noise spectrum that rolled of at ~ 1 MHz. The Rigol showed that just fine, but then at the HF end of the spectrum the noise went up again. If I changed the 'scope time base the postion of the HF 'image' would move with the time base. I mucked about with the windowing and other options, but couldn't get to go away.

I still use it, but don't trust anything past the 1/2 max frequency point.

George H.

(If there was any interest I could probablly reproduce it in a few minutes and post 'scope shots.)

"The Journey is the reward"

eff.com- Hide quoted text -

Reply to
George Herold

"George Herold"

The Rigol is OK, but it's not all 'milk and honey'. Try over driving the input at the 200mV/div scale. And the FFT has some wierdness. I don't think they did the anti-aliasing filter correctly, you can see images of the low freq stuff up at the top end of the frequency range. (But hey for $400.)

** There is no AA filter, on the scope function or the FFT.

And it is a truism that DSOs tell lies.

I have a 1052E but do not use it for service work for that and many other reasons.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

LOL! Tektronix tried to solve that by giving several choices to the user. My Tek TDS510 has 25 different methods for showing a signal!

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

The Rigol manual says that the DS1102E FFT has four window settings: rectangular (i.e. none), Hamming, Hanning, and Blackman. It summarizes the pros and cons of each setting in terms of what they do to the resolution of the FFT.

Dave Platt

ote:

en

the

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 AE6EO

Hi All, Testing a noise apparatus today. Here's the FFT from the TEK of the 1 MHz noise signal (Noise from a few Hertz to 1 MHz.)

And here's the FFT from the Rigol for the same input signal.

I mucked about with all the settings but could not get the bump out at high frequency to go away.

By changing the Rigol time base I can move the high frequency peak in closer or further out in frequency...

Oh I was just playing around with a sine wave input and I can get the same type of HF image from the Rigol. Try it yourself. (I've got a DS1052E if that makes a difference.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

That is a pretty decent price, how come for why?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Don't have a portable. Lugging around a 54825A is a PITA.

Reply to
JW

Elequent.

?-)