Drone Attack

h. A warning later doesn't give them enough time to dodge a SAM.

maneuver a SAM?

Clearly you don't know much about war. There are many different types of w ar. The drone is pretty effective in the types of war they are fighting ag ainst non-national armies. Drones usually fly high enough you don't know t hey are there unless you are using radar. Since the drone that was shot do wn was supposedly over international waters, I expect they were using it to monitor the shipping which it would be good at. There was no reason for a nyone to shoot it down, especially since that is an act of war.

--
  Rick C.

  +- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

e was

ly he

hy

Was this

ne

Yes, and the military knows this. That's why I think they likely used some low value weapon that was effective but likely would not have been used du ring any real attack since it was marginal enough to maybe not have worked.

Of course that is pure speculation by me, but I'd like to think that even i f the commander in chief is an idiot, the military is still run by competen t people.

--
  Rick C.

  ++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

not attack Iran in retaliation for downing our drone. It said he was at th e point of either saying attack or to stand down.

not warranted and not proportional possibly leading to further hostilities .

ine

ckened

e deciding it was not proportional? Was this part of his strategy to draw his sword then in full view and then put it away without striking? Potenti ally this could have been an effective threat.

over

ed

he

have

ays

g on?

not

know

the

number of potential deaths until he asked at the last minute? Why didn't h e ask before ordering the preparations for the attack? Was this

ll which is the more accurate assessment of what really happened.

,

ded

weeted

ve

that.

WH

on

le

ocrats

me

ve

5K

ust

Yeah, but Trump talks like one of us!

--
  Rick C.

  --- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

You can dispute it all you want, it's a fact. If you need definitions, consult a dictionary. She said "we came, we saw, he died" and she laughed.

Try finding the facts, instead of embarrassing yourself more. Obama and Hillary are on record wanting regime change in Libya. They bombed and they got it.

If he had nukes, the US would not have bombed him fool. That is the message received around the world. He trusted the US and in turn Obama and Hillary killed him and gloated. It's as dumb as anything Trump has done.

You sound like a typical Clinton KoolAid drinking denier.

Reply to
trader4

he was

ully he

re

gy to

t.

Why

? Was this

rone

o'd

ds

me low value weapon that was effective but likely would not have been used during any real attack since it was marginal enough to maybe not have worke d.

if the commander in chief is an idiot, the military is still run by compet ent people.

But it's Trump giving the orders, making the decisions. We don't know what they told him and what he told them to do. Someone, anyone, like some talking head on Fox could have said, "why not a cyber attack"? Trump could have seen it, asked about it, they could have told him, that all we have is tools X and Y but we don't recommend using them, we should keep them in reserve. Trump could have said, I don't care, just do it.

Also the chain of command is in constant turmoil, just about the time someone starts to figure out their job, they are fired or have to resign. The Sec of Defense is acting, only there since Dec when Trump fired Mattis. Remember "Mad Dog MAttis", one of "Trump's genera ls", that he bragged were so great? Trump fired him and berated him as a no good Democrat. Put in the acting guy, who Trump was going to make permanent, until it came out he had a 911 call for domestic violence with his wife and that in another incident, his son had used a baseball bat on his mother. Another great vetting job by team Trump. And all his staff know that if Trump wants something, you better not tell him it's not a good idea if you want to keep your job. Sadly, that's the situation we;ve come to.

Reply to
trader4

was

Not

nch. A warning later doesn't give them enough time to dodge a SAM.

utmaneuver a SAM?

war. The drone is pretty effective in the types of war they are fighting against non-national armies. Drones usually fly high enough you don't know they are there unless you are using radar. Since the drone that was shot down was supposedly over international waters, I expect they were using it to monitor the shipping which it would be good at. There was no reason for anyone to shoot it down, especially since that is an act of war.

There was good reason for Iran to shoot it down, Trump has been waging war on Iran for over a year now. Trump has not only embargoed US trade with Iran, but used the full might of the US to force most companies around the world to do the same. It's created a depression in Iran, exactly as it was intended to do. What would the US position be, what would we do, if some foreign power did that to us?

Reply to
trader4

Bingo. DL is wrong, always wrong.

Another thing that the media totally missed or ignored, is that Iran was showing off pieces of what were supposed to be this drone they shot down. I didn't see the US disputing that they were in fact real. Why is this important? As soon as it was shot down, the US would want to recover whatever we could, so it doesn't fall into enemy hands for analysis of what's in it, like happened last time. If it was shot down in international waters, then why did we allow Iran to recover it, instead of recovering it ourselves? We have a carrier strike group there, as well as other assets in the area that could have covered the recovery area, if it was in international waters.......

Reply to
trader4

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:1111b9e4-1c43-4794-98fe- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Hundreds of miles away. even 40 miles distant. A lot farther than the dopes doing the shooting. They got there right away, while it took us a bit.

Drone do not simply fly in the airspace nearby a ship.

You have severly flawed logic on this.

And you are pretty obviously a not ever a service member. You don't even rate 4-F or the group W bench.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:1111b9e4-1c43-4794-98fe- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

ellipsis is three periods, not 15 or 20 or whatever your wee wittle bwain punches out.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The absurdity here is how truly predictable you are. It is actually quite sad. Another sad aspect of it is that you are blind to how blatantly obvious your problem is.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news:445751e4-331a-4fec-85fe- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He was a severely terroristic despot. Regardless of how, he needed to go. And yes, idiot, it was a good thing.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Not in recent years, not when Hillary and Obama went to war against him. And it has nothing to do with you denying that Hillary gloated about killing Gaddafi. His "going" just created more problems and solved nothing. Gaddafi had ended his WMD programs, we;re burning his uranium in our power plants, Libya had been taken off the list of state sponsors of terrorism. And just look at what a hell hole full of violence and terrorists it's become now. Even worse it's caused a flood of refugees into Europe and no one is sure who's in that flood. Nice going Obama and Hillary. It's also sent the message that the US can't be trusted. Cut a deal, trust the US, give up your WMDs, then we kill you. North Korea and Iran watched and learned.

Reply to
trader4

Fake news, no?

I know the cancer tongue and the twitch dance was faked along with many, many non-photographic frauds.

What was the stated justification for the bombing?

He was never going to get nukes.

Better than the Trump orange heads.

--
  Rick C.

  --++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

e was

Not

aunch. A warning later doesn't give them enough time to dodge a SAM.

outmaneuver a SAM?

of war. The drone is pretty effective in the types of war they are fightin g against non-national armies. Drones usually fly high enough you don't kn ow they are there unless you are using radar. Since the drone that was sho t down was supposedly over international waters, I expect they were using i t to monitor the shipping which it would be good at. There was no reason f or anyone to shoot it down, especially since that is an act of war.

Your post seems very confused and is mixing two separate things. Are you s uggesting that the US and Iran are in a state of war? I'm pretty sure neit her of them think so.

--
  Rick C.

  -+-- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

:

one was

M. Not

launch. A warning later doesn't give them enough time to dodge a SAM.

to outmaneuver a SAM?

tle

s of war. The drone is pretty effective in the types of war they are fight ing against non-national armies. Drones usually fly high enough you don't know they are there unless you are using radar. Since the drone that was s hot down was supposedly over international waters, I expect they were using it to monitor the shipping which it would be good at. There was no reason for anyone to shoot it down, especially since that is an act of war.

war

suggesting that the US and Iran are in a state of war? I'm pretty sure ne ither of them think so.

I'm saying that Trump has been waging war on Iran. Instead of asking me questions, why don't you answer the question I posed. Trump has not only embargoed US trade with Iran, but he has used the might of the US govt to force most companies around the world to do the same. He's forced them to cut off trade with Iran. It's caused a depression in Iran, which was the intended result. If a foreign country did that to the US, what would we consider it, if not an act of war? We;d put up with it? What would the American people think?

Reply to
trader4

te:

e:

drone was

SAM. Not

on launch. A warning later doesn't give them enough time to dodge a SAM.

e to outmaneuver a SAM?

ittle

pes of war. The drone is pretty effective in the types of war they are fig hting against non-national armies. Drones usually fly high enough you don' t know they are there unless you are using radar. Since the drone that was shot down was supposedly over international waters, I expect they were usi ng it to monitor the shipping which it would be good at. There was no reas on for anyone to shoot it down, especially since that is an act of war.

g war

ith

we

ou suggesting that the US and Iran are in a state of war? I'm pretty sure neither of them think so.

It's not a relevant question since embargoes are not acts of war. We embar goed Japan and they eventually went to war with us, but the embargo was not an act of war. We are not at war with Iran and Iran is not at war with us . You seem to be responding to these issues emotionally rather than though tfully.

--
  Rick C.

  -+-+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

I admire your fortitude in attempting to debate with these trolls, but my tip would be to KF them all. You'll be amazed how much time you save on pointless arguments, because no matter how good your reasoning nor how sound your logic, you will never, ever win them over to see common sense. The worst offenders are:

Sloman bitrex DLU whit3rd Gardner

But I'm guessing you've worked that out for yourself before now! OTOH, if you enjoy pointless arguing just for the sake of it, you've got precisely the right crowd to do it with.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Hey! You forgot me!!!

BTW, I printed out one of your posts and gave it to a few friends as a joke. They all thought you were pretty funny. How much do I owe you?

Good luck collecting.

--
  Rick C.

  -+++ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

Oh, but that's not the reason. The reason is, Iran has attacked (with limpet mines) Saudi shipping, and a few other nations' vessels, and probably can get away with it if no one films their work. The US DID film. Iran knows their piratical attacks will continue to be revealed to the world unless they shoot down surveillance aircraft. Even if the aircraft aren't over their soil.

Saudi Arabia vs. Iran has kept Yemen smoldering for some time, the US sanctions aren't the acts of agressive shooting war that are relevant here.

Reply to
whit3rd

You are assuming that the attacks weren't faked by the US, in order to get the US media and population on-side to re-elect Trump.

Conspiracy theory? Absolutely. Precedented? Yes. Likely? Fairly likely. Iran had no good reason to attack those freighters, but Trump did.

The Iraq war was started over just such pretenses. They knew there were no WMDs but lied to the American people, and got away with it.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath